account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

languages and input editing

Highlighted
Commissioner
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

languages and input editing

I've got my setting on to save my used words.

how do I delete certain words that are automatically saved when I type.

I used to go into languages 8.0 and older o/s, and could be able to delete any word I wanted. 

now on 9.0 it seems you can only delete all of them at once in bulk only, not choose which ones. 

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Re: languages and input editing

Hi @exsanguinator, let me see if I can help out here! 

Are you talking about the personal dictionary? This is a function enabling you to add words to be used in apps such as spell checker. In order to remove a word from the personal dictionary, find and tap Settings > System > Languages & input > Tap the word that you want to remove > Tap the bin icon in the top right corner.

I hope that helped! let me know if I have misinterpreted your question in any way! 

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Commissioner
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

my personal dictionary is empty. 

nothing to delete. 

my keyboard dictionary is full of misspelt words that I want to delete.

In previous o/s you could edit or delete your keyboard words that automatically get saved. 

Highlighted
Commissioner
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

in previous o/s you went to settings>language and input>xperia keyboard >use my writing style>my words

it seems 9.0 doesn't have that, am I correct? 

Highlighted
Commissioner
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

so? no one knows how to clear or edit one's saved words like previous Android o/s?