account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Xperia XZ1 got Android9 => Navigation bar?

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 11 of 14
Message 11 of 14

Re: Xperia XZ1 got Android9 => Navigation bar?

Still the same. Clearly Sony don't care about their customers and would rather us use Samsung. If anyone has found a solution other than waiting to use a different branded phone, please let us know. Cheers

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 12 of 14
Message 12 of 14

Wow thanks you guys for letting us Oreo users knowing we shouldn't upgrade to Pie. We sincerely hope Sony will address this bug for you 😕

--
Xperia XZ1 Dual (G8342) on Android O
Xperia XZ1 Compact (G8441) on Android O
Highlighted
Message 13 of 14
Message 13 of 14

Oh, really? This was introduced by Sony and is not an Android "Feature"?

This has been bugging me for a long time and just now I got around to looking into it. And it has been around for 10 months without a fix, even though standard Android would leave the choice to me, i.e. all UI elements and flows are available? I do not appreciate this at all and I am deeply annoyed by this ever present navigation bar. If I have Sony to thank for this, I shall look for a different Vendor. Did they at least give a reason why they would impose their view on their customers?

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 14 of 14
Message 14 of 14

Seriously considering changing back to Samsung, the only apps I use have become frustrating to use or watch because of the bright white navi bar that cannot be adjusted. When you remove features it's not an upgrade or an update..... Please either fix it or give me the option to hide it, even if I have to manually hide and show it each time