account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Xperia XZ touch screen problem

SOLVED
Highlighted
Message 81 of 110
Message 81 of 110

Re: Unable to touch stats bar area

@ermond12

If you can access it in lockscreen, then this should be a software issue and not hardware one. Proceed with the software repair using Xperia Companion. This will do a clean installation of the latest firmware and will also wipe your internal memory. Don't forget to backup using Xperia Companion, but preferably without adding apps or settings to the backup.

Follow the steps given in blue links, and keep us updated.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Highlighted
Commissioner
Message 82 of 110
Message 82 of 110

I really, really hope that it is software related... You may see the screenshots attached below... Will try it as soon as I get my hands on my laptop. Service testService test

Service testService test

DiagnosticsDiagnostics

Sent from my Sony Xperia™ XZ (F8332)
Highlighted
Learner
Message 83 of 110
Message 83 of 110

Oh my God 

I have this issue too 

This problem happened for me about three months ago

I used from xperia companion to software repair, but my problem didn't solve

Even after update issue didn't solve

Sony please resolve our problem 

PleaseeeeeeeeeeeeToch problemToch problem

Highlighted
Learner
Message 84 of 110
Message 84 of 110

Re: Xperia XZ touch screen problem

Hi

Oh my God 

I have this issue too 

This problem happened for me about three months ago

I used from xperia companion to software repair, but my problem didn't solve

Even after update issue didn't solve

Sony please resolve our problem 

Pleaseeeeeeeeeeee

I haad not damage or drop my phone

Erea of toch problemErea of toch problem

Talent
Message 85 of 110
Message 85 of 110

I had the same issue a few months back. Unfortunately this is a hardware related, & therefore you will need to send your phone in for repair. 

Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 86 of 110
Message 86 of 110

Hi @Ayyob and @ermond12, I'm sorry to hear about this and I apologize for the late reply.

As @SDR-1970 wrote, this is related to hardware in your devices and they will need to be examined at an authorized service centres.

Your Local support teams will arrange repairs for the both of you so please get in touch with them for further assistance with this.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 87 of 110
Message 87 of 110

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I had to send it back to virgin who replaced the screen. Seems to have fixed it, for now. 

Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 88 of 110
Message 88 of 110

Hi @KSony1978, I'm really glad to hear that everything worked out for you!

I understand having to send your phone to service is never a fun thing to do and I hope that everything will work from here on out! Slightly smiling Face

Let me know if there is anything else I may assist you with and have a great day!

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

Highlighted
Commissioner
Message 89 of 110
Message 89 of 110

Will try the software repair first then if it's still the same then I will send it to the service center.😌😌😌

Sent from my Sony Xperia™ XZ (F8332)
Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 90 of 110
Message 90 of 110

Hi again @ermond12!

I really do hope that this will be solved by the software repair, in case it doesn't get in touch with your Local support team and they will assist you further with having it sent in to an authorized service centre.

I'm sorry for the inconveniences this may cause for you.