account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Xperia XZ , jerky, laggy

Highlighted
Adept
Message 11 of 18
Message 11 of 18

Re: Xperia XZ , jerky, laggy

I saw many threads about this issue and xperia repair didn't fixed anything but I'll give it a try 

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 12 of 18
Message 12 of 18

sony have an massive problem since update on android 7.1.1! the users dmultiple isplay the probs here in the supportforum, but sony didn´t react. the supportguys here, always says, use safe mode, but this didn´t remove the probs. i´m very angry, that i can´t use such an expensive device properly.

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 13 of 18
Message 13 of 18

Try Memory Locker by The Smart Projects on the store, at least to prioritise your launcher. You're supposed to be rooted but put the reviews to one side, and just work through the setup procedure whilst sidestepping the option to root your handset. See what you think. I previously had constant re-draws using TSF shell until now, although my average ram is 2.5 gb since the September patch, which is way too high for a 2.7 gb device. The handset should really have come with 4 gb of ram, or an easy root procedure for locked bootloaders. I'm still on stock. Saw an XZ1 up close today and wished I'd waited, but......

Highlighted
Adept
Message 14 of 18
Message 14 of 18

Ok I used the repair option with Xperia companion and and so far the performance is better but still laggy sometimes, I did notice lag before and after importing my save.

at this rate I'll wait for an oreo update hoping that it will fixed the issue 

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 15 of 18
Message 15 of 18

Mine lags as well, I only installed a couple of apps. The apps don't use that much ram (they use a total of 200mb) the phone itself eats like 2.3gb ram and it drains my battery in like 4 hours.. My xperia z2 was the best phone imo. The xz is like a phone that was released 2 years before the z2... I really regret this... Last sony phone. 

Adept
Message 16 of 18
Message 16 of 18

Z2 was amazing Z5 was a letdown XZ is amazing but ruined buy the lag

Highlighted
Message 17 of 18
Message 17 of 18

@Winayhave you tried booting into safe mode to see if the issue persists?

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 18 of 18
Message 18 of 18

@najodleglejszy This doesn't work.