account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Xperia XZ , jerky, laggy

Adept
Message 1 of 18
Message 1 of 18

Xperia XZ , jerky, laggy

I'm a brand new owner of the XZ since a few weeks and I love it more than my old Z5 but since a few days I'm experiencing a few lag while  I use the phone.

the phone works just fine most of the time but it's upsetting to see some lag while navigating ..

I did factory reset, disable movie creator and still not as fluid as my old z5.

I don"t want to put my phone on life support by disabling a lot of apps in order to get back fluidity I just want to use it like I my old z5 with no lag .

please help

17 REPLIES 17
Highlighted
Adept
Message 2 of 18
Message 2 of 18

Re: Xperia XZ , jerky, laggy

My phone works but it's sluggish most the time now it's not fluid at all , so sony must address this issue asap because there's clearly an issue on XZ among users since the lastest updates 

Highlighted
Message 3 of 18
Message 3 of 18

@toxianif I remember correctly, there used to be some performance issues caused by Movie Creator app. you can try going to Settings > Apps > Movie Creator and tap Uninstall, OK, and then Disable.

Highlighted
Adept
Message 4 of 18
Message 4 of 18

Done a while ago it doesn't change anything 

Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 5 of 18
Message 5 of 18

Hi @toxian, I am sorry to hear about this issue.

Does it happen in safe mode?

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Highlighted
Adept
Message 6 of 18
Message 6 of 18

I would say yes

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 7 of 18
Message 7 of 18

I have the same problem. My bulid number is 41.2.A.7.35.

I just got my phone back from Service Centre for battery drain and phone getting hot and slow. They have replace tonne of items. The battery drain and phone getting extremely hot is fix. 

The phone is still super laggy even i reboot a few time a day.

Highlighted
Talent
Message 8 of 18
Message 8 of 18

Check for updates.. August patch solves this thing.. It's the best patch and the phone is smooth with good battery life

Highlighted
Adept
Message 9 of 18
Message 9 of 18

My phone is up to date and it didnt fixed anything

Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 10 of 18
Message 10 of 18

Try performing a software repair using Xperia Companion. Be sure to test your device before you restore any backups.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.