account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Xperia-XZ battery don't last!!!

Highlighted
Regular
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

Xperia-XZ battery don't last!!!

Xperia-XZ my phone is brand new and the battery drains like nothing. Should I send it back to Sony or what? 

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

Re: Xperia-XZ battery don't last!!!

Hi @1202A, I am sorry to hear about this. Slightly frowning Face

Can you please go to Settings > Battery > Show Battery Usage and take a screenshot of this page?

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Highlighted
Regular
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

Screenshot_20171012-105243.png

Highlighted
Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

@1202Aif you tap "Screen" on that list, what does it say under "Time on"?

Highlighted
Regular
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

It's on 2 hours 11 minutes 

Highlighted
Regular
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

Why is my phone idle so high? Cause of the andiod software? Is it normal? 

Adept
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

Phone idle is pretty high. What firmware are you running can you send a screenshot?

Also its worth a try, Disable the movie creator app. This does wonders for the battery Slightly smiling Face i guess each user is different but read about it alot. I always have this disabled and dont get any battery drain apart from the normal use ect

___________________________________________________________________________________________
"Astronomy compels the soul to look upwards and leads us from this world to another" - Plato