account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

XZP camera has serious distortion issue

SOLVED
Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 801 of 838
Message 801 of 838

Re: XZP camera has serious distortion issue

I haven't bought it yet. I want to but I am unwilling to spend £649 until a fix is confirmed. I will be getting the sim free unlocked version so the operator should not matter.

At least the support person acknowledged that therevery is a fault even if they kept calling it the wrong thing. 

I'm off to get an S8 from carphone warehouse as they have a small return and exchange window and hopefully we will all either get the info or the actual update will be released in time and I'll be able to swap the S8 for the XZP.

I'm also not convinced that this thread should be marked as solved until the update has been released everywhere and everyone is satisfied. 

Highlighted
Talent
Message 802 of 838
Message 802 of 838

@Emir wrote:

Thank you for your feedback, we would like to reassure you that we are dedicated to providing the best possible user experience for our customers and have taken your feedback very seriously. We have been taking time to make improvements and increase photo shooting options.

Our models featuring our new Motion Eye™ Camera, including XZ Premium, XZs, XZ1 and XZ1 Compact, feature a wide-angle lens. This lens enables an immersive experience by providing the ability to capture more scenery in the shot, however it may also yield perspective distortion when shooting photos. Whilst this distortion is consistent with similar wide-angle lens cameras in the industry, we have listened to your feedback and developed a new optional setting in the camera menu called 'Correction for image distortion' to minimize the distortion effect. It will be available via an upcoming software update on XZ Premium, XZs, XZ1 and XZ1 compact.

Thank you for your patience with this matter and thank you once again for your valuable feedback.

Emir,

Does the distortion fix (ON) affect the quality of the photo?? 

I mean, this should be automaticly standart and not a option, right?

Just wondering....

Thank you sony anyway, too bad you took so long to give a proper answer ...

Highlighted
Message 803 of 838
Message 803 of 838

@Nighthawk1979 wrote:

I'm also not convinced that this thread should be marked as solved until the update has been released everywhere and everyone is satisfied. 

I think you need to just relax a little and accept that it will come to UK when it is the UK's turn in the rollout. 

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Highlighted
Commissioner
Message 804 of 838
Message 804 of 838

Thanks Sony, I knew you will not disappoint us! I really, really appreciate it!

Sony's scores for handling the issue below:

Public Relations: 1/10

Customer Service: 1/10

Speed of delivery: 7/10

Sometimes I really don't understand them. It's such a great company with so many resources and access to best PR and Marketing people. If they have only posted one sentence coming from a reliable source saying: "We are aware of the issue and are working on a fix that will be included in Android Oreo." this whole thread would never blow up like that, existing customers would be happy their concerns are being adressed and potential customers would not go for other phones. Was it really that difficult?

Sony's approach to solving this issue is really bizarre. It's like they purposely wanted to anger their loyal fans and discourage new customers from buying their phones. Why didn't they just told us they will fix it? Why?

Commissioner
Message 805 of 838
Message 805 of 838

that's why i love Sony. they will not forget the customers. they will do better things to customers. see this time how Sony fast than the other brands to release the Oreo. thanks you so much Sony. i used only Sony brand. i have Used Xperia S, Z, Z Ultra, Z2, Z3, Z5 Premium, Now XZ Premium and Z4 Tablet. i am so happy about Sony. Smiling Face with Heart-eyes

Highlighted
Message 806 of 838
Message 806 of 838

Dude, the official Sony mobile Twitter account said exactly that near enough.

@Sensination wrote:

Public Relations: 1/10

Customer Service: 1/10

Speed of delivery: 7/10

Dunno about you, but I've always found the customer service staff to be much higher rated than a 1, that's quite an insult to those on here that have helped more than a few customers out.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.

Highlighted
Talent
Message 807 of 838
Message 807 of 838

A big thanks to  sony for fixing the issue...... 

Highlighted
Message 808 of 838
Message 808 of 838

@Profyler1 wrote:

Emir,

Does the distortion fix (ON) affect the quality of the photo?? 

I mean, this should be automaticly standart and not a option, right?

Just wondering....

Thank you sony anyway, too bad you took so long to give a proper answer ...

I've not seen any difference in quality at all, but it might possibly affect post processing time?

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 809 of 838
Message 809 of 838

Emir.

I have received you private message but as you couldn't wait for my reply before performing certain actions I'll post my reply on here before responding to the private message.

I have previously argued (on this thread) against post deletion and or modifications unless they were attacking an individual, so I don't appreciate you doing it to me.

I believe the transcript of my conversation with the support person should have been left for people to read so that they can assess the level of knowledge and helpfulness that the support staff provide.

I apologise for posting several times in a row but I hit the character limit per post for the transcript post's and on the other I did not notice the solved tag until I had pressed post.

-------------

Viridis

If my post had been left intact then you might understand why I don't want to relax and wait.  Also I think everyone that has been posting on here has waited long enough for an answer and fix.

It does seem that a small amount of info is enough for some people but I would argue that until everyone has received a working update then the post should not be marked as solved as we still want unsuspecting potential customers to be wary until it is definitely fixed.

Let's see if this is edited or deleted.

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 810 of 838
Message 810 of 838

Yes I don't see the reason to edit and delete user's comment.

Device : Xperia XZ1
Headphone : MDR-1ALTD + MUC-S12SB1, ATH WS1100 + MUC-S12SM1
DAC/AMP : PHA-2A