account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

XZP camera has serious distortion issue

SOLVED
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 731 of 838
Message 731 of 838

Re: XZP camera has serious distortion issue

Hi viridis,

I've Xperia XZ1 which using same camera module and start with android 8.0

It still has the same bad distortion as you can see in this thread. So there's no improvement on the oreo update.

Device : Xperia XZ1
Headphone : MDR-1ALTD + MUC-S12SB1, ATH WS1100 + MUC-S12SM1
DAC/AMP : PHA-2A
Highlighted
Message 732 of 838
Message 732 of 838

@TruthSeeker wrote:

Hi viridis,

I've Xperia XZ1 which using same camera module and start with android 8.0

It still has the same bad distortion as you can see in this thread. So there's no improvement on the oreo update.

Worth noting that when devices "update to.." there is an update with bug fixes etc to the others in same class at same time.

So going off historical updates, when xzp updates, it's very likely xz1, xz1c will get an incremental update.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 733 of 838
Message 733 of 838

That's what should happen. Hope that really happen heh heh.

Adept
Message 734 of 838
Message 734 of 838

They did't mention anything about 'distortion issues', and i'm not satisfied. Furthermore a Sony Mobile developer in this thread said XZP and XZs have no distortion issue (at least same as other smartphones)

Highlighted
Pioneer
Message 735 of 838
Message 735 of 838

I´ll just wait for the next update to arrive. If nothing changes, i´ll try to return the phone for a refund. I´d even go as far as contacting a lawyer.

Highlighted
Talent
Message 736 of 838
Message 736 of 838

@Tuerkay wrote:

I´ll just wait for the next update to arrive. If nothing changes, i´ll try to return the phone for a refund. I´d even go as far as contacting a lawyer.

I'll do the same. If the next update doesnt fix the distortion I will leave this device.

Sony told there would be improvements on camera on Oreo update. From what I understood they were talking about the 3d useless thingy AND maybe the camera app since XZP user doesnt have the option to manual setting of EV ISO and SS (as far as I know) like XZ1. This sounds like improvement. It doesnt sound like bug fixing at all.

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 737 of 838
Message 737 of 838

Great, i'll sign it, but you should add Sony alredy solved this in video mode, so it's just a matter of porting it to camera mode.

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 738 of 838
Message 738 of 838

Also, I'll address the letter to Sony's mobile development responsible or something like that, not SONY at a whole.

Highlighted
Message 739 of 838
Message 739 of 838

Sony told there would be improvements on camera on Oreo update. From what I understood they were talking about the 3d useless thingy AND maybe the camera app since XZP user doesnt have the option to manual setting of EV ISO and SS (as far as I know) like XZ1. This sounds like improvement. It doesnt sound like bug fixing at all.

Maybe because you're considering the current "distortion" as a bug that needs to be fixed, not a side effect of wide lenses that needs to be improved 🤔

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 740 of 838
Message 740 of 838

Don't really know what should I call that.

As the distortion of Xperia is abnormal.

Not a bug for sure. Maybe some kind of a curse...