account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

XZP camera has serious distortion issue

SOLVED
Highlighted
Talent
Message 551 of 838
Message 551 of 838

Re: Will XZ1 have the same camera distortion issuse as XZP?

@MrMuscle wrote:

@Jonyny wrote:

feskey

The photos you posted (the one in cafe? and bridge), were they taken with XZ1?

Of course not! No one has an official XZ1 yet

That's not true.

https://www.weibo.com/210103253?topnav=1&wvr=6&topsug=1&is_hot=1

Highlighted
Adept
Message 552 of 838
Message 552 of 838

@Jonyny wrote:

@MrMuscle wrote:

@Jonyny wrote:

feskey

That's not true.

I can't understand a thing from what you linked, but ever heard of "prototype" and "commercial" and "demo" devices? 

Highlighted
Talent
Message 553 of 838
Message 553 of 838

@Jonyny wrote:

feskey

It's from my XZP

Highlighted
Talent
Message 554 of 838
Message 554 of 838

Everyone know that is not truth.I am the one who has always been polite and provide a lot of real evidence discussing the topic until someone say me nonsense. But whatever,I'm done with sony mobile and done with this forum.Whatever you guys and staff intentions to ,you win ,please keep going.

Highlighted
Talent
Message 555 of 838
Message 555 of 838

@Jonyny wrote:

@MrMuscle wrote:

@Jonyny wrote:

feskey

That's not true.

Hey every one,

One more post here also my final post here.I think you all deserve to know after long wait.

I just watched the live video recording inside the link,This xperia photographer said he "heard" that the Sony headquarters in Japan has begun to solve the problem of distortion,can't guarantee a perfect solution, but as much as possible to fix it. He said "maybe" the fix will through the firmware upgrade OTA after XZ1  in the market sometimes.Did not mention XZS and XZP. He said the XZ1 he is using  still exactly the same distortion as XZP. That's  it. Related content starts at 38 minutes.There are a lot of detailed explanations on  battery, android 8.0 and  new faster speed camera and faster camera photo saving , new 3D scanner need in strong light .....I am a cantonese guy not a really mandarin guy,want know more you need find a mandarin guy translation.Well,No more post ,no more reply.

Goodluck for everyuser and sony staff

Adviser
Message 556 of 838
Message 556 of 838

See, you are so eager to reply to posts that does not even concern you haha.. of course people will tag you in their posts and say you are wrong because YOU ARE. Face with stuck-out Tongue Personal attacks? If you will keep on like replying to everyone without any reason and even when no one is asking for your opinion, what do you expect? Everyone started with hey sony, we need a fix for this issue. But you are like hey this guy, use grids.. hey that guy, you don't know photography, hey you.. your photos are bad.. hey you 4th guy, you all are idiots.. haha.. 
Please read the comments and you will see the first guy who made a personal comment by saying your photos are bad and you do not know photography to someone was YOU!

I really cannot understand what your problem is... is it that you do not have anyone to talk to or you just a loud mouth with no action... where are your so called grid corrected photos? why don't you just use your phone and have fun with it? Man, I have no idea what you are doing... misleading people...

Oh I just made a personal comment... I won't apologize because you are not worth it. If anyone should be banned it should be you...for digressing everyone from topic, misleading people that grid will fix it, starting the personal attack, replying to everyone when it doesn't even concern you and also for poking your nose in this thread every now and then even though you are okay with the issue.

and then you say all of us are wrong but you are right haha.. makes me laugh at you! and btw, please go to xda and try this there also, you will get same or worse replies. Take care... you really need help...everyone is going to ignore you now.. Slightly smiling Face I urge everyone to just ignore till the time he talks about the topic or even then... 

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 557 of 838
Message 557 of 838

@Kunal17 wrote:

See, you are so eager to reply to posts that does not even concern you haha.. of course people will tag you in their posts and say you are wrong because YOU ARE. Face with stuck-out Tongue Personal attacks? If you will keep on like replying to everyone without any reason and even when no one is asking for your opinion, what do you expect? Everyone started with hey sony, we need a fix for this issue. But you are like hey this guy, use grids.. hey that guy, you don't know photography, hey you.. your photos are **bleep**.. hey you 4th guy, you all are idiots.. haha.. 
Please read the comments and you will see the first guy who made a personal comment by saying your photos are **bleep** and you do not know photography to someone was YOU!

I really cannot understand what your problem is... is it that you do not have anyone to talk to or you just a loud mouth with no action... where are your so called grid corrected photos? why don't you just use your phone and have fun with it? Man, I have no idea what you are doing... misleading people...

Oh I just made a personal comment... I won't apologize because you are not worth it. If anyone should be banned it should be you...for digressing everyone from topic, misleading people that grid will fix it, starting the personal attack, replying to everyone when it doesn't even concern you and also for poking your nose in this thread every now and then even though you are okay with the issue.

and then you say all of us are wrong but you are right haha.. makes me laugh at you! and btw, please go to xda and try this there also, you will get same or worse replies. Take care... you really need help...everyone is going to ignore you now.. Slightly smiling Face I urge everyone to just ignore till the time he talks about the topic or even then... 

Nauseated FaceNauseated FaceNauseated Face

Highlighted
Regular
Message 558 of 838
Message 558 of 838

You ALL need to quit the personal attacks. Stop squabbling like a bunch of children and STAY ON TOPIC.

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 559 of 838
Message 559 of 838

@Doombadger wrote:

You ALL need to quit the personal attacks. Stop squabbling like a bunch of children and STAY ON TOPIC.

agree

Highlighted
Veteran
Message 560 of 838
Message 560 of 838

First of all I strongly recommend everyone who claims that does not have this issue or it is not an issue for him/her to abandon this thread and stop personal attacks. 

Second this is that finally I need to acknowledge that sony is doing much worse than competition in this regard (distortion issue, Samsung could provide software fix, other could eliminate it prior to release because they test their devices). Yes, no matter how sony is doing good in their professional camera department, sony mobile is inferior to market standards in terms of camera quality.

The issue we all comment here does not represent any quality for me. It bothers me much, no matter I can see there is some limied group that does not bother. Everyone can have its opinion, those should read my first sentence. 

I need to acknowledge there will be no any fix. Basically software treatment from sony mobile is horrible and it is not only about this distortion issue. Their launcher is too stock and since long time they are constantly decreasing number of features and functions. For me this is unacceptable.

After almost 15 years with this brand it's time to say goodbye and move on.

Suprisingly I noticed sony does not have anything to offer close to Note8, they do not have any high-end with screen larger than 5.5". And Note supports stylus. They could use ultra to compete in this segment but they does not. I at least hoped for new tablet or new QX camera that could fix this inferior camera issues but again nothing came.

Abandoning Sony completely as they abandoned me. Already pre-ordered xbox one x project scorpio edition and planning to sell ps4 pro, sony tv, headphones and whatever I own.
Yes, sony mobile division impacted my decision with their software treatment and so bad or non existing communication. This deserves some marketing from my side now, among the people I know and Internet.

Wish you good luck.