account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

XZP camera has serious distortion issue

SOLVED
Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 231 of 838
Message 231 of 838

Is the camera really this average?

Decided to make own post about this, but I've just compared a colleagues iPhone 6 and another Z1/2 to this camera, this is bad. Against my old S7E and wife's Note5, I'm pretty disappointed. 

Lowlight performance is shocking, my screen looks curved. Look at shot below. Taken in well lit area with 3 fluoro lights. 

DSC_0055.JPG

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 232 of 838
Message 232 of 838

Re: Is the camera really this average?

Sorry move this to Xz premium thread please, no idea how I got here to Z3 forum

Highlighted
Learner
Message 233 of 838
Message 233 of 838

Re: XZP camera has serious distortion issue

As i wrote in my previous post i found unacceptable that Sony hasnt commend yet a serious answer about the problem of the distortion of the camera.

they comment that "the problem is not a problem because they dont see it as a problem so the problem that we all see as a problem is not a problem but our imagination of a problem"!  dUH !!! Thinking Face

rediculus treatment of customers and services.

i turn back the XZp ( germanos SA mobiles, Greece) and i order the S8.

i lost about 80€ for the transaction but at least i will stuck in the next 3 years with a phone witch i can take some decent photos!

i got a xperia Z an Z3 and i stop the sony experience in this phone. so disapointment....

Adept
Message 234 of 838
Message 234 of 838

I am not surprised. Have a look a developer from SONY mobile's comments in this thread, they already have the judgement, sadly they not on our side.

These days I cannot help thinking one question, will SONY's next flagship cellphone have the same issue? If it has no distortion issue, then the people who bought XZs or XZp will be a great hundred dollars joke, if it still has the issue...

Highlighted
Message 235 of 838
Message 235 of 838

Sometimes I think these issues with cell phone cameras are the fault of the customer/consumer more than the OEM's. I believe Sony has gone past the limit of what a cell phone is capable of when it comes to taking photos. Maybe if the customers didn't always demand perfection from cell phone cameras we wouldn't have all these issues. Just how good does a picture, being viewed on a 5 inch screen, need to be?

I am NOT saying that this phone does not have a problem because it surely does, and I hope Sony tries to fix it. But I do believe that it's time to say "good enough" with the cameras on all cell phones, and let's focus on what's really important like signal strength, bluetooth, wifi, NFC, USB etc, etc. Because without a good connection everything else is irrelevant!

Why am I being listed as a new member???? This web site also has some serious issues!

Highlighted
Commissioner
Message 236 of 838
Message 236 of 838

@feskey

Your photo is not showed. Why?

Highlighted
Commissioner
Message 237 of 838
Message 237 of 838

@stanlykubrick

Sorry, but I don't agree with your though because Sony presented this device as the best cameraphone with high camera tech. So, this device, focuses all on the display, performance and camera and it is not acceptable this high kind of distortion. For a mid range device I would agree with your though, but for this flagship not. It is only my personal opinion.

Highlighted
Regular
Message 238 of 838
Message 238 of 838

USING SONY MOBILE FROM WALKMAN SERIES, SONY'S REPEATED FAILURE IN CAMARA DEPARTMENT ALLTHOUGH THEIR GAINTS IN CAMARA MANUFACTURING.  THIS IS REALLY VERY SAD. SERIOUSLY ABOUT TO BUY XZ PREMIUM BUT AFTER THIS FORUM DISCUSSION AND PERSONAL EXPERIENCES THROUGH DEMO MOBILE, STEPPED BACK AND SITTING TIGHT WITH MY Z5 PREMIUM.  HOPE SEPTEMBER PHONES WILL COME OUT THE BEST ( ESPECIALLY CAMARA).  ALL THE BEST SONY. 

Highlighted
Regular
Message 239 of 838
Message 239 of 838

DSC_0022.JPG

Hello,

I was buying this phone today, but I saw this post and now I am confused what to do. I had offer for 500€, new with bill, but cancelled. I am using xperia Z2 for 2,5 years now and I am very satisfied. I did 2700 photos with my Z2 and looks great, but now I see even my Z2 has distortion. If I am honest I didnt even noticed that before. I agree sony guys should solve this problem, with firmware upgrade. I am sony fan and I expect sony will solve this problem and then I will buy XZP, otherwise I will use my Z2 for a while. I dont want chinese brands so Sony do something. 

Highlighted
Talent
Message 240 of 838
Message 240 of 838

@Alessio_84

All the upload photo in this  post,others can only see it after one or two days. I do not known why,in this time can only see by person who uploaded it with log in,can not see it by log out as well.

@smb92

I don't even want to mention about lowlight performance in this Distortion Situation right now !