account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

XZP camera has serious distortion issue

SOLVED
Highlighted
Talent
Message 151 of 838
Message 151 of 838

Re: XZP camera has serious distortion issue

@Kunicross

I can see you suddenly  appeared here  and suddenly reply alot your story, none of them are useful and helping,not a single word,not a  single proof ! You seens happy to Judge other users behavior  and incite the topic,also make us thinking you just look like someone very hard to wash this issue!

Of course you are welcome to  post your opinion here no matter what your true identity is,but are you finish now ?If this is not a issue for you ,OK. Can I politely ask you just don't come here anymore where for users who really need fix the issue ? If not, you are also welcome upload your 350 pics to let us see is there a problem or not. If you do  upload ,please upload some real life photo ,do not  upload the photo which the building or mountains  far from the camera,  or the empty sea or the empty road ,it is  meaningless photo for this issue.Upload some photos like I do ,some real life photo! By the way ,I never take any keyboard photo,but it's a smart and quick way to check if your lens has serious distortion for most of the ordinary users who do not have professional  knowledge. If your camera  does not shoot well on a simple keyboard ,what can it do ?????? 

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 152 of 838
Message 152 of 838

Hello JensG.

I hope there is coming a fix/solution for this issure really soon. 

I also would like to see "SteadyShot 3 Axis stabilisation" in photo aswell, i don´t mind the full res image being cropped a little for some stabilisation in photography. ISO and Shutterspeed should not be affected if stabilisation is activated and work with post-processing in the camera from XZ - XZP and improve image quality.

Btw, this is from XDA forums about the distortion in XZP.

Please do not mislead consumers that the "waves" have nothing to do with the SPUER LEVEL distortion from XZP, which much more serious than other phones. there is a important connection. The more complex "waves" you got will increase more perspective distortion which increase more stretched heads or elongated proportions ,the waves exactly tell you XZP camera will distortion the subjects not only at the sides ,also spread to so close the center which is not the acceptable range ,did not like iphone or samsung they deal distortion in a acceptable range.Yes of course I know they have wide angle distortion ,like I said we are talk about range.

Just curious are you the Moderator "viridis" in sonymobile forum who deleted the XZP distortion thread before? you too have the exactly the same laptop and always compare the issue with some super old cheap phone model (no offense). we are talking about a $800 flagship price model here please.
If yes, please stop wash for sony mobile. like someone says you are working so hard to cooling down the issue.
just tell your boss do something like samsung fix the same problem quickly, see below , and if no, see it anyway.

samsung start selling their S7&S7e model in March last year, some users feedback camera with distortion issue to the samsung official forum, which is the pincushion distortion just like XZP ,but not bad as XZP level. And samsung developer wrote quick reply which said they will study to fix the problem ,After three weeks the S7&S7E received a new FW upgrade which come with a new camera options SHAPE CORRECTION. Yes,when you focusing still can see the distortion on screen,but saved photo has been corrected close to perfect. 

Original link - https://forum.xda-developers.com/xz-premium/help/xzp-camera-distortion-photos-t3622842

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 153 of 838
Message 153 of 838

Hi again JensG

I would also like to see the laserfocus work with the autofocus in more ways then just for distance, it would be nice if the laser would actually assist the autofocus to focus faster and more accurate because the autofocus isn´t that accurate when using touch to focus or even when focusing with the shutterbutton. And add an histogram, LG has it and some other manufactures. It would make it easier the adjust exposue and make the WB kelvin instead. 

And make ISO easier too access instead of have it hidden in the sub menu!

This should be in all the XZ phones.. 

Highlighted
Veteran
Message 154 of 838
Message 154 of 838

Sony oficially replied saying there is no issue:

http://www.xperiablog.net/2017/06/21/sony-xperia-xz-premium-and-xzs-camera-distortion-issue-problem/

More interesting is there is no statement saying whether they will correct it with software update or not. Guessing by their claim of "no issue" I assume not. 

It seems we need to offer them a free advertisnment of their "Premium" flagship and spread the word on all the mobile / tech services, social medias and all people we know. 

Highlighted
Emperor
Message 155 of 838
Message 155 of 838

@azzido @TobbeSwe @feskey @Bonelol and other users 

The thread was NOT deleted, there was an issue merging the different threads into one, it was NOT deleted, with that said, here are the forum guidelines

https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Welcome/Discussion-guidelines/m-p/349678#M1

if you don't comply with them, your posts might be edited and/or removed

Keep it friendly and don't spread rumors. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Highlighted
Talent
Message 156 of 838
Message 156 of 838

@feskey you almost had me tempted for about a second to really try to post 350+ pictures here but for one there are people one (most) of them whoms privacy I don't want to infringe on and secondly it would not really help anybody and lead this topic further into oblivion. 

This discussion is broken on many different levels.  For one very few people care about at least minimal levels of civility and decency against each other.

If this would be a vocal discourse about half of the people would shout the whole time making any kind of discourse impossible. 

On the other hand very many things get mixed up on several levels and points and a substantial portion of posts here is totally off topic. 

In the end this whole discussion is harmful to EVERYBODY involved: 

For us costumers it creates insecurities that we might bought or could have bought a faulty product, also with the doubt in mind guys like me have to wast hours to review all Fotos to find absolutely nothing. 

For Sony it is a financial issue because some people might return their phones or never even get one. 

For the people getting overly enraged and posting dead threads: being angry is not really healthy! 

The developers have said they read this and look into it, at this point NOBODY can really say if they are going to do something or not. For crying out loud give them some time, yelling and name calling does not forward an agenda! 

And posting and analyzing real life pictures for example is a better thing then yelling, threatening etc. 

I really don't want to waste any more time or breath on this issue so you wish might be granted. Wanted to put some pictures too seems the majority extends the maximum file size here. 🙁

Less color, smaller filesize who had thought that?Less color, smaller filesize who had thought that?

Adept
Message 157 of 838
Message 157 of 838

@uliwooly

Please tell me. Is Kunicross showing respect to all others?

For us costumers it creates insecurities that we might bought or could have bought a faulty product, also with the doubt in mind guys like me have to wast hours to review all Fotos to find absolutely nothing. 

Maybe for most people the brain just autocorrects the distortion out who knows?

Not to say there is no problem for the people who see one but it does not seem to be a problem for the vast majority of people so far. 

Highlighted
Talent
Message 158 of 838
Message 158 of 838

@uliwooly

"@ Kunicross when and where did you see "looking into it "from the developers?"

Highlighted
Talent
Message 159 of 838
Message 159 of 838

I just found those posted in a Japanese site:

XZP

Z5 Compact

Some single lens reflex camera (28mm)

Yes, Z5C do have distortion, but not even close to XZP.

Also this:

uliwooly keeps deleting posts. I hope he won't do the same as I believe this is perfectly ON topic and NOT disrespecting others.

Highlighted
Talent
Message 160 of 838
Message 160 of 838

@removing posts I would guess something violated the boards rules I got all the Email notifications and don't envy the mods a little bit.

I for example try very hard to not insult anyone just because they don't understand stuff, have a different opinion or don't read or understand dozens of "official"  replies even if it's getting hard.

I truly would prefer doing something else than reading or replying here since it seemingly leads nowhere. 

*sigh* 

I just described how I feel, I went to this board because I saw I can't move apps to my SD card. (which we could maybe make a 15 pages thread out too so anyone can share my misery?) 

Then I saw this post and was very alarmed and worried by it followed it for a time even if very vew of the pictures where in any way conclusive. 

And them finally went and checked all my pictures again if there is any problem - seems there is not, do I just take pictures on stuff where it does not show? Possible? Do I have the only working XZP in the World? Unlikely. 

Then I went back and looked into a lot of reviews, cross checked pictures they took - as well no issues here. 

And count in all those replies here that all is absolutely wasted lifetime for me so I'll not go an edit and crop pictures just to proofe a point and also I won't put pictures of me or my family here - as I mentioned twice now one deleted comment already contained dead threads. 

So now I'll just wait till DXOMark reviews the XZP to get something half way certain. 

BTW. My comment about the brain was not intended as an insult, some people can see stuff others can't like the pictures you have to stare on to see another picture behind for example.