account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

XZP camera has serious distortion issue

SOLVED
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 80 of 838
Message 80 of 838

Re: Fatal problem-Photo distortion

Ok just had a chat with Sony Support UK

ali 04:28:35 pm
ok
are you guys aware of the camera distortion issue on the XZ P

Nuno B 04:29:32 pm
Not that we know. We didn't received any complaints regarding the handset.
You are the first customer i have with this issues 04:30:05 pm

ali 04:30:43 pm
thats strange because i know im not the only who complain about this, and there have been many users who returned their phones. Its all over the internet and sony support forums

Nuno B 04:30:46 pm
Nothing have come through to us in here until now.

ali 04:30:48 pm
https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-XZ-Premium/XZP-camera-has-serious-distortion-issue/td-p/122666...

8 pages
here is another top thread

https://forum.xda-developers.com/xz-premium/help/xzp-camera-distortion-issue-t3613625 04:31:47 pm

Nuno B 04:34:44 pm
We didn't had any knowledge of this issues. Have you tried a software repair with Xperia Companion

ali 04:35:08 pm
yes this is actually my second phone
i got a replacement from the store still same issue
its very strange that you haven't heard about this, its all over the internet globally everyone who has bought the phone is complaining about it

Nuno B 04:36:46 pm
Like i said, we didn't received any complaint here in the Technical support. The forums are not connected to us here

ali 04:37:42 pm
ok, can you make a note on this then please as i have now made you aware
i assume you will be getting a lot of people contacting you in the coming days 04:38:40 pm

Nuno B 04:39:28 pm
Most likely
But try the software repair first, before sending it to be repaired 04:40:17 pm

ali 04:40:47 pm
like i said i have already tried this, and also got a replacement phone.
i am hoping sony will release a software update to fix it
if not i will send it in 04:41:03 pm

Nuno B 04:41:47 pm
If the cases are increasing like i saw on the forum, then this might have been already passed to the development team

ali 04:42:06 pm
ok great
please all make a note on your systems and raise it internally with your team at your next team meeting

Nuno B 04:42:45 pm
I already took note of this issue

ali 04:43:00 pm
many thanks

Highlighted
Talent
Message 81 of 838
Message 81 of 838

@viridis 

So you take a Beer cans photo call this is a portraits!? And  also a empty background has nothing be compared !? Can  you see the middle of your  beer can  has been distort seriously.....

Please don't delete or hide your beautiful Beer cans photo from  Message 79 ,XZP user need to see it ,how a sony staff here took portraits.

I can see now,You are completely do not have any  common sense of taking pictures ,

try learn what is the difference between "composition,distance,perspective,",good luck with you forcing enlarged poor lonely single beer can.Do not want to waste time on this .

Highlighted
Talent
Message 82 of 838
Message 82 of 838

While sony support team usually responds to the issue report faily quickly, they haven't on this matter.

This means they have no intention to fix or even look into it.

This is exactly what happened with XZ's grainy camera issue, or corner distortion issue on Z5 series.

I bet they consider this is the way their camera should be.

Highlighted
Talent
Message 83 of 838
Message 83 of 838

lumia950xl.jpg

lumia950xl

ip7.jpg

IPHONE7

xzp.jpg

xzp

Highlighted
Message 84 of 838
Message 84 of 838

@feskey wrote:

@Viridis 

I can see now,You are completely do not have any  common sense of taking pictures ,

try learn what is the difference between "composition,distance,perspective,",good luck with you forcing enlarged poor lonely single can.Do not want to waste time on this .

Well I'll disagree,

It doesn't matter on the subject, if you have a side closer to the lens you will ALWAYS get enlargement on the closer end, even more so the further from lens centre you get, especially on wide angle lenses.

It's described pretty well here.

https://photographylife.com/what-is-distortion/

Like I said, it affects me personally very little, that's not my fault nor is it a reason to single users out for whatever reason.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Learner
Message 85 of 838
Message 85 of 838

same problem here.. Im from Greece http://imgur.com/a/vQI5D

waiting refund from the reseller. To bad Sony..

Post with 282 views.
Highlighted
Talent
Message 86 of 838
Message 86 of 838

@Jonyny 

Just got a message, Samsung s7e also had the same problem ,but after the fw update, the camera APP add up a distortion correction options, when you are framing still can see the distortion,but after the photo is taken it will do the correction like professional camera,not perfectly but much better.

hopefully at least sony team can do something like that.

Highlighted
Talent
Message 87 of 838
Message 87 of 838

Re: XZP camera has serious distortion issue

many users very concerned about this problem ,if this is a hardware problem that can not be fixed,

at least do something like samsung S7e, 

Just got a message, Samsung s7e also had the similar problem ,but after the fw update, the camera APP add up a distortion correction options, when you are framing still can see the distortion,but after the photo is taken it will do the correction which like the option all professional camera have ,not perfectly but much better.

hopefully at least sony team can do something like that.

Highlighted
Talent
Message 88 of 838
Message 88 of 838

f1.jpgf2.jpgf3.jpg

Highlighted
Talent
Message 89 of 838
Message 89 of 838

Yeah, this is really bad way of handling the issue.

Issues can happen to any phones, and we users do not blame much for the issue itself as long as sony handle it in good faith.