account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

XZ now on Oreo 8.0 and all issued resolved

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 11 of 16
Message 11 of 16

Re: XZ now on Oreo 8.0 and all issued resolved

After a good 48 hours now I definitely notice better battery life, and wifi range for me has improved dramatically.

I live in a large space made with heavy wood and Xperia has always had difficulty with wifi signals in the far rooms. 

Not the case any longer, xz now rivals iPhone in wifi range in my own experience so far.

The keyboard no longer hangs! That's a big one for me. Xz was never a jank laden device as some other android are, but the keyboard would often hang during fast typing. Now moves like butter.

Very happy with this update. 

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 12 of 16
Message 12 of 16

Hi i from Malaysia and my xperia still on nougat so how i can get the oreo version because my one still in 7.1.1 

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 13 of 16
Message 13 of 16

Try pc companion or flash tool if u don't want to wait for it. 

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 14 of 16
Message 14 of 16

I don't know how to correctly explain this inconvenience after upgrade to 8.0 but I'm pretty sure many people should notice that. If you have a folder and it contains only 2-3 apps now it opens like as it full on the whole screen. As before it opened just as many apps it contain. 

Adept
Message 15 of 16
Message 15 of 16

You are telling me If I use pc companon ill get oreo for my xz ?

Édit : I have checked with xperia companon and it says my xz is already up to date with nougat so... 

Highlighted
Adept
Message 16 of 16
Message 16 of 16

It's normal with oreo