account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

XZ Premium restarts when SD Card is removed/inserted

Apprentice
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

XZ Premium restarts when SD Card is removed/inserted

The SIM 2 slot of XZ Premium is shared with microSD card. And I use only SIM 1 + SD card. When I remove/insert the SD card, the phone would restarts as it detects "SIM card is removed/inserted". But SIM 1 was still well in-place. So the phone should not restart as there was no SIM card change, but only the SIM2+microSD slot was removed/inserted. Am I the only one encountering this?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: XZ Premium restarts when SD Card is removed/inserted

You're not the only one. Looks like Sony just made things easier for them and they are just forcing restart everytime the tray is ejected.

What's funny is that other phones on the market usually don't restart even when you eject SIM card...

Highlighted
Commissioner
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

According to Sony it's not a bug, it's a feature. Also, you're holding it wrong Slightly smiling Face

But seriously, I always wondered why ??

Highlighted
Commissioner
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

Initially I was also puzzled. I decided to give up on SD as I need dual SIM and still have plenty of storage for now.

The auto restart on tray eject is annoying and my only explanation is that they probably want full water resisitance ( sealed device ) for operation. but then again it's restarting not shutting down.

I believe it's some kind of security measures?? who knows.