account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

XZ Premium cannot reconnect to WiFi after Oreo

Highlighted
Regular
Message 61 of 136
Message 61 of 136

Re: XZ Premium cannot reconnect to WiFi after Oreo

Tried deleting WiFi settings, didn't work. Network rating provider is already set to none. Still have problems. 

Have contacted Vodafone, not much help either. 

Regards, John .

Highlighted
Learner
Message 62 of 136
Message 62 of 136

Strange.. Work perfectly on mine after setting to none

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 63 of 136
Message 63 of 136

HI Adieang,

It works fine but sometimes it is still disconnecting.  But the problem was minimize anyway.

Thanks

Highlighted
Learner
Message 64 of 136
Message 64 of 136

Worked for me so long. Thank you! 

Highlighted
Regular
Message 65 of 136
Message 65 of 136

Setting to none doesn't work for me.

Also the previous recommendation of setting the Verbose Logging and Mobile Data Always Active doesn't work either.

This is three months without being able to hook upto wifi on a premium phone....diabolical

Also, anybody else suffering when typing in this forum with Suggested Words working weirdly? 

Highlighted
Regular
Message 66 of 136
Message 66 of 136

Hi, yes. Suggested words was wierd, that was until I downloaded the Sony Xperia Z5 keyboard from xda. Now I have a brilliant keyboard, much better than that Swiftkey rubbish.Z5 keyboardZ5 keyboard

Highlighted
Learner
Message 67 of 136
Message 67 of 136

Try to reset your network setting, then switch to none.. I believe it will help..

Way to reset network setting : setting - network and internet - (3 dot in right top menu) - reset network setting
(it will remove all your wifi password saved and network setting)

The set to none : setting - network and internet - wifi - wifi preferences - advances - network rating provider - none

As for forum suggestions, I do suffer it too.. Seems like either chrome or swift keyboard problem.. I suffer it after updating those two (the keyboard works fine in every aspect except replying in any forum). Changing keyboard will help i believe

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 68 of 136
Message 68 of 136

Here from 2018 to report the issue still being the same with a dual aim Xperia XZ Premium. Only started after the prep update (which I had to do through the computer since it wouldn't update on the phone)

The wifi connection will drop randomly appear as saved and try to connect but it keeps failing back to saved. 

Checked the wifi on all other devices when this happens and they are all connected and working.

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 69 of 136
Message 69 of 136

My WiFi constantly disconnects at random, but quite frequently. It requires turning  the WiFi off and back on to reconnect. Really annoying when streaming Netflix etc. 

Adviser
Message 70 of 136
Message 70 of 136

Because Sony has  android oreo on ours phones, expensive phone by the way, and not only WiFi ,3g or 4g is  too I'm gonna downgrade to nougat. I think is Sony listen to users all the problems have to gone on Android 8.1