account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

XZ Lagging after updated oreo

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 1 of 16
Message 1 of 16

XZ Lagging after updated oreo

Hello guys, 

I'm Kevin from Indonesia. I have some problems with this phone. My Xperia XZ's performance getting down after updated to Android Oreo. Please someone give me solution for my problem.

Thank you

15 REPLIES 15
Adept
Message 2 of 16
Message 2 of 16

Re: XZ Lagging after updated oreo

Really sad to hear that, the xz is lagging since nougat for some phones and I was expecting oreo to fix that but it seems not.

No solution so far.

really disappointed by sony support for this phone since android 7 

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 3 of 16
Message 3 of 16

Hi 

I I also is have problem with update of my XZ. After update for android 8, my smartphone is more slow and with more consumption of battery. The battery during only 8 - 10 hour, before it lasted one day.

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 4 of 16
Message 4 of 16

Same issues plus major app crashes. 

The keyboard lags in all apps and sometimes causes the current app to close.

Google Play Services crashes in the background everyday, even when I'm not actively using the app.

Daily System UI failure, resulting in the UI having to be restarted.

Please fix quickly Sony.

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 5 of 16
Message 5 of 16

Having the same problems with Oreo. The phone become really hard to use. Sony fix it quickly please.

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 6 of 16
Message 6 of 16

I'm also seeing issues. Silly things such as the weather widget taking quite a few minutes to return my location, stuttering when dismissing notifications, reduced battery life etc. 

Really annoyed with the overall lagging and decrease in performance... my phone was lightning fast on Nougat. 

Highlighted
Talent
Message 7 of 16
Message 7 of 16

Due to so many people reporting issues having updated to Oreo, I am more than happy sticking to Nougat indefinitely. 

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 8 of 16
Message 8 of 16

HEAVY LAGGING ON XPERIA XZ AFTER ANDROID OREO UPDATE

General usage on the Xperia xz has become unbearably slow since the Android 8.0 update with almost every app crashing midway as well. Nougat was working seamlessly!  A fix is needed urgently!!! A rollback to 7.0 may suffice in the meantime. 

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 9 of 16
Message 9 of 16

Hello. I have the same issue. The phone is lagging since the 8.0 update. It's extremely annoying... Any fix? 

Highlighted
Message 10 of 16
Message 10 of 16

Hello, Kevin, I'm Rizki (Abu Kholid), also from Indonesia.

I just have this phone for the last 24 days (got it on 22 December).

The phone spec:

XZ single F8331

Ram 3gb

Internal 32gb

Microsdxc Sandisk Extreme Pro 64gb

Received on stock android Marshmallow.

My review could be found here when upgrading to Nougat:

https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-XZ/quot-Phone-Idle-quot-battery-drain-in-7-0-Nougat/m-p/127145...

As of yesterday, I got notification to upgrade to the latest security patch, including andorid Oreo 8.0.0..

It took me the whole night to download the oreo update (~  1200mb), I don't know what is wrong, as my wifi is blazing fast (10mbps), meanwhile, when downloading the file, sometimes the file is disconnected (not downloaded).

Start downloading from 09:00 pm (14 Jan) until 02:00 am (15 Jan), then I just press continue and hope in the morning (15 Jan, today), the phone shall work as usual, expecting no problems (because of so many reports said that users experiencing issues after updated to Nougat & Oreo).

As of now, 8 hours after the update, I can tell:

1. The battery has even improved even better than marshmallow & nougat

2. Performance is getting better also (eventhough the ram usage is a bit higher 1,7gb on Nougat vs 2.0 on oreo).

3. I haven't experience any app crash starting from the 22 December until now at XZ.

I hope I could help you, maybe several tips I could share:

1. If you have the internal storage of 64gb (the other XZ version), you may still want to add microsd card for the other file. I treated my XZ same as my laptop / pc, C drive or in this case the internal storage is only for the OS system and other files that can't be transferred to the microsd.

2. You may disable several bloatware apps from Sony that you really don't use

3. I never activate all of the network at the same time altogether (LTE / wifi, the bluetooth / NFC, hotspot, etc), and also the notification for several sites or apps, which are sometimes annoying.

I did experience several lags because of whatsapp (so many group) when the chat notif. appear on the phone, but overall when opening the app, typing, sending messages / pic, video call, all of them are butter smooth.

Maybe the other users of XZ who successfully updated their device to oreo, and didn't get in trouble, can share their tips also.