account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

XZ Lagging a lot

Inhabitant
Message 31 of 261
Message 31 of 261

Re: XZ Lagging a lot

Hey Sony am done with this really

Why do U have to be so stupid, ppl tried the fix and the factory settings

U insist that there is an app thats causing this mess, i had the same apps b4 the latest update and on my previous Xperia Z2 for whole 3 years, and everything was going great, what would happen recently causing all this .?!!! 

Video recording is super slow motion

Typing is diseastrous... Everything is awful

I performed factory settings already and am not gonna install and reinstall all the time

This is ur own go fix it

Highlighted
Regular
Message 32 of 261
Message 32 of 261

Now I have to go deal with my current gripe with the XZ, getting the lastest update installed. :p

What update did you get?

I ended up using Flashtool to update to 41.2.A.7.8 (mine has "Customized MM" firmware). The OTA kept failing the Verify step and just wouldn't install.

@eelpout

Third-party apps that are starting to crash/hang/lag on Android 7.1.1 have not done so on older Android versions. And it started with WhatsApp & Facebook. How'd you refrain from ever launching these?

haven't had any issues with WhatsApp. And Facebook I never launch on my phone, which keeps its services quiet. One that was defintely giving me issues was the Opera browser. Once launched it has all these background services that were causing me lag (I think because I have so many tabs open in it).

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 33 of 261
Message 33 of 261

ok. well i've been using these for years, on various Android and Sony devices, and never had an issue as paralysising as this, not to mention frustrating. So for it to be acting up after the latest Android/Sony update means to me it's an issue with the update - Whatsapp said that the app should work with 7.1.1, and I'm waiting for Pokemon Go to revert. Facebook hasn't crashed in 24 hrs, but now i'm restarting twice daily. 

i think it's time to roll out a downgrade - whether Android or Sony - or an update that will fix these, give or take 1-2 days maximum, and not a couple of weeks. 

I read in other threads that this lagging issue has been going on since last Oct/Dec? How's it still... going on? 

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 34 of 261
Message 34 of 261

@jtklsn wrote:

ok. well i've been using these for years, on various Android and Sony devices, and never had an issue as paralysising as this, not to mention frustrating. So for it to be acting up after the latest Android/Sony update means to me it's an issue with the update - Whatsapp said that the app should work with 7.1.1, and I'm waiting for Pokemon Go to revert. Facebook hasn't crashed in 24 hrs, but now i'm restarting twice daily. 

i think it's time to roll out a downgrade - whether Android or Sony - or an update that will fix these, give or take 1-2 days maximum, and not a couple of weeks. 

I read in other threads that this lagging issue has been going on since last Oct/Dec? How's it still... going on? 

Hey Justin I'm curious, I keep finding new issues since this update.

Today I'd like to add the following issues and wanted to know if you can also replicate them on yours?

1. nothing uploads to dropbox anymore... just sits there

2. can't upload from mobile to facebook, facebook app crashes every time you go to select a photo (please bare in mind i've factory reset and reinstalled the facebook app - which is inbuilt into the sony android OS and you can't actually uninstall it, it goes back to default without updates)

3. "Okay Google" is not functioning at all today unless I manually go to Google Home and select the microphone button

4. Google music: 

a) song failures are occurring randomly, it displays an error and skips to the next song

b) no music can be downloaded despite Google Music troubleshooting advice, not even wiping the song cache

c) Google Music app crashes

Other apps crash randomly, facebook, twitter, Sony camera, Games, Email Apps

5) My Email apps can't access certain areas such as the trash folder (**bleep**?) "Trash Folder not available""Folder not available" 

6) Game apps chug constantly

7) Google Chrome cannot download files anymore, they fail

8) Auto Google backup fails

SONY OFFICIALS NEED TO UPDATE US!

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 35 of 261
Message 35 of 261

This morning I went to make a phone call, and "Call stopped working" and had to be restarted. This is getting worse Slightly frowning Face

I've realised bluetooth connected devices can't send commands now (volume, play/pause)

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 36 of 261
Message 36 of 261

Capture.PNG

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 37 of 261
Message 37 of 261

Can you install the Sack boy run on your f8332 and see how it works on your phones please? Its too laggy how sack moves on mine. 

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 38 of 261
Message 38 of 261

@fluffygutss wrote:

This morning I went to make a phone call, and "Call stopped working" and had to be restarted. This is getting worse Slightly frowning Face

I've realised bluetooth connected devices can't send commands now (volume, play/pause)

i had this too, i was making a call and the other line was ringing, but then a message popped up that 'phone has stopped' and the call dropped. i restarted the phone for the umpteenth time. 

the battery is burning up quite a bit now. i can't use it for more than 3 hrs without it dropping to below 50%, and the phone gets pretty hot. n i restart again. 

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 39 of 261
Message 39 of 261

Same here, my XZ is very very slow. I am constantly resetting cache, it is very unacceptable for a phone like this.... 

Is there a solution ???? !!!!!

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 40 of 261
Message 40 of 261

Same issue here.

Tried with reset to factory setting twice still facing laggy issue in few days after resetting.