account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Will Xperia XZ premium support Double Tap to wake up?

Sage
Message 41 of 163
Message 41 of 163

Re: Double Tap to Wake/Sleep.....Where are you????

Double tap to sleep is enabled by an Xperia Home option. 

Long tap on the screen,  access the option and enable "double tap to sleep".

Highlighted
Message 42 of 163
Message 42 of 163

Does not exist on my phone. Not sure why. Strange.

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 43 of 163
Message 43 of 163

Can not find double tap to sleep, too. Stupid thing does not qc 3.0 adapter including. 

Highlighted
Learner
Message 44 of 163
Message 44 of 163

I have the latest update and neither do I. What version are you running, maybe rom update differ per country/region??

Highlighted
Message 45 of 163
Message 45 of 163

I checked on mine XZP and there's no double tap to sleep either. that's interesting.

I also have to admit, I just moved to this phone and caught myself trying to wake it up by tapping couple times already. it's definitely a weird omitment. although I remember the feature being quite unreliable at times on my Z3 compact and X (I sometimes had to tap the screen ten times to wake the device up) so maybe that's the reason double tap to wake was disabled? and then double tap to sleep got removed for consistency's sake.
Highlighted
Visitor
Message 46 of 163
Message 46 of 163

Re: Will Xperia XZ premium support Double Tap to wake up?

HI,

Try to install Xperia Home version 10.2.A.3.24.

Highlighted
Commissioner
Message 47 of 163
Message 47 of 163

But then the problem is that if you want to see your lock screen notification without unlocking the device, you can't. Using your thumb to wake the device will automatically scan your fingerprint and unlock. 

Very very very frustrating. unless you wanna hold the device with your other hand which is even worse.

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 48 of 163
Message 48 of 163

Hey,

tap on the lower portion of the power key, below the power indicator icon and the lockscreen should come on without attempting to scan any fingerprints. It won't give you any error like "finger moved too fast" and what not either. 

Slightly smiling Face

Highlighted
Sage
Message 49 of 163
Message 49 of 163

@IKECHUKWU

Are you meaning that it's not needed to push the power button all the way down but just touch it?

Highlighted
Message 50 of 163
Message 50 of 163

@Bhonder he means pressing the very bottom part of the button doesn't trigger fingerprint sensor, so you can just turn on the display and check the time.