account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Wifi signal dropping

SOLVED
Highlighted
One time poster
Message 341 of 348
Message 341 of 348

Re: Wifi signal dropping

Thank you for letting us know that this is a known issue.

The update all depends on region, market operator etc!

I see your post is now 10 months old.

SO ... what do we do? 

Any chance to upgrade the Android version og or instal a fix directly? Meaning not waiting an other 10 months to see IF the update might or might not come to my G3311, purchased i Denmark, orignally through 'Telia', but now with a sim from '3'.

Or should I just give up on my Sony and Sony in general?

Regards Claus

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 342 of 348
Message 342 of 348

I've had this phone for well over a year now. WiFi issue has persistent since the start and it has had a lot of software updates over this time. Why is this issue marked as resolved when it clearly isnt?

I concur with people that think it's a hardware fault. This is the last Sony phone I will ever own.

Message 343 of 348
Message 343 of 348

Correct! I had trouble with my xz premium for around 12 months. Intermittent bluetooth, WiFi, GPS. Had it in for repair, was exactly the same when I got it back.  Spent months doing what they tell you to do, factory resetting, backups, waiting for updates etc and nothing worked.  Eventually when I got it back in for repair again they couldn't solve the problem and agreed to swap the handset. The new one has worked flawlessly ever since!  Sony will be losing a lot of faithful customers after this screw up with the xz premium.  I for one will not be wanting to risk another year with an unreliable handset.  

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 344 of 348
Message 344 of 348

D not work for me....!!!

@Farhankhan wrote:

My problem is solved by turning off "open network notification" and "auto network switch" and "keep wifi on during sleep" as always in wifi preferences at the bottom of the wifi settings.

I am guessing it happened because it is not able to refresh the IP settings once the phone wakes up from sleep.

let me know if it solves your issue...cheers

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 345 of 348
Message 345 of 348

Also having the same problem and seems like it's never going to be solved looking at the dates on here? Sony Xperia xa2.. Tried everything so no point suggesting resets and settings changes etc.  

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 346 of 348
Message 346 of 348

Re: Wifi signal dropping after last update

I had never problems with Wifi signal on my XZ2 compact. 

After the last update (52.0.A.3.202) Android 9.0 about 2 weeks ago, Wifi signal is dropping every 4-5 minutes.

Any help please?

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 347 of 348
Message 347 of 348

Sony Xperia L1 Android 7, Build 43.0.A.7.106. I live in an area with an almost zero mobile phone signal but in one or two places in the house it will connect but it isn't usable as a phone. So I use it on WiFi , BT Smart Hub 2, previously a TP Link or older BT router, to listen to internet radios or chat on Skype. The Wifi drops out ever 5 minutes or so. It has done this from day 1 for over 2 years now. Public network notification turned off, Keep WiFi on during sleep set to always.

I have ignored all the suggestions to update firmware on router etc, this is Sony's problem to fix on the phone. I have to buy a new phone to replace the Windows phone that I use for family communicatios and I won't be buying a Sony. I have no interest in fancy cameras and stuff, I just want a phone that connects to a mobile network and also works on WiFi.  I will be getting a Motorola.

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 348 of 348
Message 348 of 348

I have had an Xperia L1 for over 3 years now and the WiFi drops out every 5 minutes or so when chatting on Skype. When streaming music from the internet over WiFi it drops out less often, say 2 or 3 times an hour.

In reality , the phone is unusable. It did it with my TP Link router and still does it with the BT Smart Hub 2.

The conclusion is that Sony's implementation of WiFI is faulty. All this stuff about "Is your router certified" is a smoke screen to blame another product while showing no inclination to fix the problem that is Sony's. I now have a Motorola G8 Plus and that never drops out of WiFi. Never. I would not recommend anyone to buy a Sony phone.