account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Wi-Fi problems after lasteast update 47.1.a.12.119(not fixed)

SOLVED
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 201 of 263
Message 201 of 263

Re: Wi-Fi problems after lasteast update 47.1.a.12.34

The fact that Sony don't even care that bothers me.. 6 months and I can only get WiFi for about 2 minutes at a time. I'm stuck with a half useless phone and the support on here can't even be bothered to respond in public or in private. Any and all emails to Sony support in the last 6 months have had the same response . Restart your, your WiFi, reset phone.... Just admit there's a problem, try to help us out maybe with a version of the phone that does actually work.

I'm stuck with this on contract for another 15 months 

Highlighted
E5
Apprentice
Message 202 of 263
Message 202 of 263

i am having the exact trouble, question for Sony.....

1. why dont you recall all the xz1 phones that are useless to your customers.?? the phone spec says can be used on Wi-Fi but thats obviously a lie. i wonder if its just system testing that you are doing, or dont you care about integration testing? ?

2. allow us to return our phones for a better one. if you recall it, it wud allow us to get a better phone that actually works 

3. how can a software upgrade not fix the issue. id be interested to know how this was tested? 

i bought my phone in march, 4 months ago, iv not been able to use the phone on WiFi, iv been using my data. this is really unprofessional. expected better fron sony. 

Highlighted
Talent
Message 203 of 263
Message 203 of 263

keep on going guys

Spam this thread because only this way they'll see it

Its like the distortion camera thread. only after becoming the biggest thread  with hundreds of replies, only then they took a look and found a solution.

Highlighted
Learner
Message 204 of 263
Message 204 of 263

Ive given up emailing sony support and virgin media.. they recently ran an upgrade offer. Take a xperia xz1 and get a ps4. So i was well pleased. Till i realised im stuck with a phone i cant use and am paying for for 2 years. Surely its fraud to sell knowingly faulty phones. Sonys lack of interest sickens me. Never again. Disgusting

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 205 of 263
Message 205 of 263

Re: Wi-Fi problems after lasteast update 47.1.a.12.34(still no solution)

I bought my xz1 less than a month ago and got this problem only this week, What are you doing to fix the issue??

To have a phone that does not hold conection to wi-fi, and looses conectivity, or simply skips around trying to connect all the time is not what I was looking for.

I have tried just about all the so called work arond that I have found all aorund the web and here and nothing work. I have used a ericsson, sony ericsson or sony for more than 15 years but I'm defenetly considdering moving on if this issue continue....

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 206 of 263
Message 206 of 263

Wifi disconnection issue

When will Sony resolve the wifi issue?. I have to always restart here and there to work wifi. Come on sony, Don't be so admant. Please learn from the fall of Nokia and HTC. If you are not going to listen  customer i fear what will happen going forward. 

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 207 of 263
Message 207 of 263

Re: Wifi disconnection issue

Already tired! Regularly once a month wifi stops working. Helps only reboot. If you don`t fix it - I never again buy a smartphone from Sony Broken Heart

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 208 of 263
Message 208 of 263

Once a month? So jealous. I have to turn wifi off and on using flight mode every few minutes.. Been like that since January. If I want to use WiFi to even post on here I have to type up the post, turn wifi button on and off then send the post as my connection doesn't stay active long enough to type and post

Adviser
Message 209 of 263
Message 209 of 263

I'm in the same situation as Elfybumbles, even had to toggle flight mode while doing the captcha to log in to this forum. Its beyond a joke, I've had the phone since January and wifi started failing with the January update, that's almost 7 months ago! 

Sony clearly don't care, they should do the decent thing and allow those with the issue to return their phones and replace either with a working one or an upgrade to the Xz2c for those who want it.

I was interested in a Sony camera but after this experience I will never by anything Sony again. 

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 210 of 263
Message 210 of 263

Thanks for this solution.