account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Where is the double tap to wake function?

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 1 of 10
Message 1 of 10

Can't believe a flagship phone is not capable of that these days....

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 2 of 10
Message 2 of 10

Re: Where is the double tap to wake function?

Last was on XZ, then it disappeared. Great function, I keep my XZ as long as possible.

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 3 of 10
Message 3 of 10

Yep. Gone on the XZ1 too. 

@traveller_czwrote:

Last was on XZ, then it disappeared. Great function, I keep my XZ as long as possible.

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 4 of 10
Message 4 of 10

I think it now has something to do with "lift to check". There was something on YouTube for the XZ2 that showed it working but only for a few seconds after the phone is picked up from a flat surface so not as useful as it was on older Xperias. I'll try and find a link to the video.

Enthusiast
Message 5 of 10
Message 5 of 10

I do not understand why they removed it. The sensors are there, it is IMO just SW.

Highlighted
Talent
Message 6 of 10
Message 6 of 10

Double tap to wake?

Was wondering if this phone has double tap to wake and or something like Moto display (Wave to wake, move for notifications)? Now that the FPS is on the back, it would be a bummer to not have these features

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 7 of 10
Message 7 of 10

XPERIA XZ2 compact Please implement in a comeing new software update the "double tap to wake function" ! To keep the XPERIA XZ2 compact as a cool compact phone on the top of the compact smart phone ranking
Highlighted
One time poster
Message 8 of 10
Message 8 of 10

This double tap function was very useful to unlock when the phone is on my car dashboard support....

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 9 of 10
Message 9 of 10

Need double tap to wake up phone

I have seen, there are already plenty of topics about this missing feature ... please add double tap soon!

Thanks

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 10 of 10
Message 10 of 10

Re: Need double tap to wake up phone

As a physically disabled customer, I used "Double tap to wake" on my Xperia Z3 almost exclusively because once my phone is in a protective case, the buttons become harder for me to press.

I've recently upgraded to the Xperia XZ2 and am very disappointed to find that useful feature is no longer available. 

The new "lift to check" feature does not work for me because it either takes me too long to lift the phone due to muscle weakness or my lifting doesn't register to turn the screen on.

I hope Sony, who I've generally found to be the most accessible finds a way to bring this feature back soon.