account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Static/popping sounds on speakers and earphones after update

Highlighted
Emperor
Message 11 of 15
Message 11 of 15

Re: Static/popping sounds on speakers and earphones after update

@eggleo

You should be able to boot in >> safe mode > open youtube and see if you can replicate the issue 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Highlighted
Learner
Message 12 of 15
Message 12 of 15

@uliwooly

I've tried using YouTube app and there was no problem. Sadly this problem only occurs when i launch several of my game apps. So far 3 different game apps from 3 different publishers have this problem... 😨
Message 13 of 15
Message 13 of 15

And I bet each of them is using an older legacy api for sound emulation.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Highlighted
Learner
Message 14 of 15
Message 14 of 15

I'm glad it's not my phone that's broken then. Almost wanted to send it back to Sony. Guess I can only wait for updates from the apps to rectify the sound problem.
Highlighted
Adept
Message 15 of 15
Message 15 of 15

Does anyone still experience thid annoying problem? I'm getting this problem now with 2 games "piano tiles 2" and "city of love paris". Is there anyway to fix this?