account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Sony xperia xz apps stop working

Highlighted
Learner
Message 1 of 10
Message 1 of 10

Sony xperia xz apps stop working

Hi, I have a problem that the application has stopped working and the speakers are not working.

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Message 2 of 10
Message 2 of 10

Re: Sony xperia xz apps stop working

@Dominik5which apps aren't working for you? do the speakers work in safe mode?

Highlighted
Learner
Message 3 of 10
Message 3 of 10

Translation via Google Translate:

Loudspeakers also do not work in safe mode. When the phone restarts, the message "The sound setting application has stopped working"

Głośniki nie działają również w trybie awaryjnym. Po ponownym uruchomieniu telefonu wyskakuje komunikat "Aplikacja ustawienia dźwięku przestała działać" 

Highlighted
Message 4 of 10
Message 4 of 10

@Dominik5

I used Google Translate to find the meaning of your message. Kindly post your future questions/feedbacks in English so we can assist you, this is an English based forum.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Highlighted
Message 5 of 10
Message 5 of 10

@Dominik5then you might want to try performing a software repair using Xperia Companion to see if it fixes your issue.

Highlighted
Adept
Message 6 of 10
Message 6 of 10

Posted a reply on a similar thread. I had the exact same issue kept saying Audio App settings has stopped working. No phone calls, no audio no nothing became very laggy. I downgraded the software back to 6.0.1 using the xperia flash tool made the phone quick again but still had no audio. Sent this of the sony repair center, 3-4 days later was told they cant fix it and would want me to pay £280 to replace with a barely new phone thats how they described it. Be careful no software repair will fix this i am afraid Slightly frowning Face you may have better luck than me worth sending off i guess. I ended up scrapping it and buying a Z5 from amazon. So far so good

___________________________________________________________________________________________
"Astronomy compels the soul to look upwards and leads us from this world to another" - Plato
Highlighted
Learner
Message 7 of 10
Message 7 of 10

I just upgraded from a Z5 Compact it's worse, system ui errors and messaging app for text messages keep crashing even after software repairs, I upgraded to a XZ only to get system ui errors and  multiple app failures I followed all the steps to fix with now joy so I'm guessing  this is

a software issue with Xperias? This will be my last Xperia ever due to errors on a brand new phone. 

Highlighted
Adept
Message 8 of 10
Message 8 of 10

@vinny939

If you are running 7.1.1 then most likely yes, i would just flash back to 6.0.1 most stable. I did this with my XZ even though the damage had already been done like the audio not working. It made my phone so much more stable wasnt getting warm or laggy and also the battery lasted. Weird though as i now have a Sony Z5 running 7.1.1 and no issues at all very strange....

___________________________________________________________________________________________
"Astronomy compels the soul to look upwards and leads us from this world to another" - Plato
Highlighted
Learner
Message 9 of 10
Message 9 of 10

Yes it's version 7.1.1, I'm going to have to look up how to flash it back to the prev version you mentioned, I tried software repairs, factory reset also safe mode and different sim in it but nothing changes so I'm hoping your suggestion does the trick until Sony pull their finger out and work out a fix. Thank you. 

Adept
Message 10 of 10
Message 10 of 10

Make sure you flash to the correct firmware matching your phone and carrier or aslong as its a generic one you should be fine Slightly smiling Face  used the 6.0.1 as it was the most stable. I am now on a Z5 running 7.1.1 which is running . Strange how a newer phone got buggerd from an update and the older model didnt....