account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Screen flashes after 45.0.A.7.120 software update

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

Screen flashes after 45.0.A.7.120 software update

There is a problem, after the update sometimes the screen flashes, to re-boot is normal

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Adviser
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

Re: Screen flashes after 45.0.A.7.120 software update

I am not sure what do you mean by "flashes"... BUT, I did notice that after the update, my brightness sometimes starts to flicker. It happens rarely and it's not doo dramatic. But it is a bit weird and got me worried about the screen... Although when I pull down the setting and start adjusting the brightness, then the flickering stops... Hopefully it's a software issue....

I am not sure if this was before the update, but I just started noticing it after I have updated.

Highlighted
Veteran
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

There was no such issue before update. Well, there was different issue witb the screen, from time to time there was a flash i felt corner while holding device horizontally, but it was happening only when watching the movies. This was resolved. 

What you are describing is new bug. So called quality software for so called premium device. This is the treatment we are receiving in terms of the software. Most probably just bad copy paste of google security patch. 

Sadly, do not expect any fixes soon. 

Highlighted
Learner
Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

I have the same issue since the last update like you alexGolen. Hopefully it will be fixed with a new update.

So far I could only notice that when waking up the screen in a sunny spot (screen brightness is very high then) and it's not happening every time.

It doesn't appear in the shade (screen brightness is lower).

Adept
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

Highlighted
Learner
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

Thank you for your help Sir!

You are probably right, it actually sounds exactly like this.

But I'm wondering if it is working correctly. It is a flickering between bright and dark for 10-20 seconds as soon as I activate the screen in the sun. I checked this on my z5 premium and this - assertive display effect - appears as well but there is no flickering. It is much more smoothly.

Actually, it isn't there all the time but only sometimes and this phone is great so I can live with that. But of course I would be happy to get fixed that.

I already did the software repair but nothing changed.

Anyway I appreciate your help.

Highlighted
Adept
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

Sure. If it solves the question, you can accept the post as the solution. Thanks!