account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Quick Charger 3.0 ANKER for XZ Premium.

SOLVED
Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

Quick Charger 3.0 ANKER for XZ Premium.

So i bought a Q.C 3.0 from Anker. When i plug in i don't even know it charging normal speed or quick charging.

Is it possible Anker Q.C 3.0 support quick charge XZ Premium?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

Re: Quick Charger 3.0 ANKER for XZ Premium.

So i have borrowed a charge voltage meter usb (china cheap one) and connect it to the ANKER QC 3.0 port. It seem 50% first it will charge at quick speed and after that Qnovo will kick in and regulate the charge voltage and charging current to protect the battery life so it slow down.

So i confirm ANKER Q.C 3.0 can adapt quick charge on XZ Premium

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Pioneer
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

It seems there is no any notification of charging mode. But QC is something like a standard and every QC-certified charger should work. I personally use a 3d party QC3.0 charger and it works fine. Anyway you can test yourself. If you get from 15% to 50% in less than 30 minutes, then it is certainly QC.

I tested different chargers with XZP (nougat) and can to say that there is no any difference in charging speed between QC2.0, QC3.0 and USB-C PD (macbook charger) with XZP. In all these modes the device reached from 15 to 90% in 1h 45min. Didn't test yet whether the things have changed with oreo update.

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

Have u uesing the ampere app to texing?could you put some massage on ?   

after update to 8.0,charging speed indeed slowly……

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

You mean this app Ampere

I will try charging again tonight at 15% to test the speed.

Pioneer
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

I've retested. The speed is the same for Oreo with QC3.0: 1h 45min to charge from 15 to 90%. 50% is reached in less than 30 mins.

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

So i have borrowed a charge voltage meter usb (china cheap one) and connect it to the ANKER QC 3.0 port. It seem 50% first it will charge at quick speed and after that Qnovo will kick in and regulate the charge voltage and charging current to protect the battery life so it slow down.

So i confirm ANKER Q.C 3.0 can adapt quick charge on XZ Premium

View solution in original post