account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

[Q] XZ premium brightness issue i need help

Highlighted
Adept
Message 1 of 20
Message 1 of 20

[Q] XZ premium brightness issue i need help

I noticed recently that my brightness on max some times doesnt seem on its highest. i also noticed that this happens when the device is heated a bit I dont know how is that related...

plus, before, I had this automatic feature whenever my device is under direct sunlight, it gets too bright due to high contrast/saturation but under the sun light it doesnt seem to change at all, stays the same, not contrast change as before... could be due to update or some thing?

I really need help, my work is mostly under the sun and with brightness some times fakes the max, and the contrast thing isnt working any more, its getting really hard to see details in the screen.

please help

19 REPLIES 19
Highlighted
Pioneer
Message 2 of 20
Message 2 of 20

Re: [Q] XZ premium brightness issue i need help

Hi @LionK;

Please test the light sensor in the Support app middle bottom option. 

If it is working turn on adaptive brightness in Settings >Screen.

Highlighted
Adept
Message 3 of 20
Message 3 of 20

well the sensor seems to be working, then why under sun light it isnt responding?

it used to get so contrasty and saturated I could easily see under the strongest sun.

and brightness on max some times fakes it, I only noticed it happening when the device is heated I can easily tell the brightness is at about 60%. is it some thing software related? I only recently used companion to fix my software so why is the issue yet present?

I understand you told me to check the light sensor to see if adaptive brightness works, but im not using adaptive brightness I always keep it off and max brightness cuz im mostly under the sun, so why some times it fakes its max? and why isnt it responding to sun light? (getting saturated)

Highlighted
Pioneer
Message 4 of 20
Message 4 of 20

@LionK;

You said you made a software repair with Xperia Companion, does the phone behaves that way before you install any app or software backup? 

Have you tried the phone behavior in safe mode to discard any third party app influence? 

Highlighted
Adept
Message 5 of 20
Message 5 of 20

i had a volume issue and the software repair fixed it, but didnt fix the brightness issue,

i did notice that power on time is a little longer than it was before...

Highlighted
Adept
Message 6 of 20
Message 6 of 20

yes before any 3rd party app im still the 3rd day after the repair and Im still as new I havent installed almost any thing except a couple of apps from the play store

im on oreo .119 on march patch surprisingly it says im on the latest in my country (Israel) I dont remember if it started on this update but it was definatly working before the update.

Highlighted
Emperor
Message 7 of 20
Message 7 of 20

@LionK

Did you unlocked the bootloader?

https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Android-development/We-need-a-TA-backup-tool/m-p/1310736

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Highlighted
Adept
Message 8 of 20
Message 8 of 20

No, wanted to but not before a drm backup is solved

What does that have to do with brightness issues?

What are my solutions? 

Highlighted
Emperor
Message 9 of 20
Message 9 of 20

@LionK

if you've tested the phone and you still have the same issue, you could repair it with XC or contact your Local support to get it inspected. 

Could you test your device?

Settings > About phone > Diagnostics > Test

Oreo

Settings > Support > Tests

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Highlighted
Adept
Message 10 of 20
Message 10 of 20

Tested and working i already used pc companion to fix, 🔆 issue remains.

Also not getting over contrasted under the ☀ like it used to.