account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Problems after XZ update to android 8.0 oreo!!!

Highlighted
Learner
Message 141 of 281
Message 141 of 281

Re: Problems after XZ update to android 8.0 oreo!!!

Je vous conseille de migrer vers oreo c'est fabuleux il s'agit d'un smartphone 64 puissant car dans le futur il y aura des applications qui demandent un hardware adéquat alors pourquoi on se privé. 

I advise you to migrate to oreo it's fabulous it is a powerful smartphone 64 because in the future there will be applications that require adequate hardware so why we privately.

GT

Highlighted
Learner
Message 142 of 281
Message 142 of 281

Vérifier s'il s'agit d'un smartphone doté des derniers hardware tels que CPU Snapdragon qualcomm- Un 64 arm - 3 GB de ram - Suffisamment de capacités de stockage etc... Et essayer d'utiliser votre téléphone comme étant développeur. 

Check if it is a smartphone with the latest hardware such as CPU Snapdragon qualcomm- A 64 arm - 3 GB ram - Sufficient storage capacity etc ... And try to use your phone as a developer.

GT

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 143 of 281
Message 143 of 281

Just got the 41.3.A.2.58 update.

Using for 20 minutes.... 

Can see no difference yet.

Highlighted
Regular
Message 144 of 281
Message 144 of 281

With this being a big thread, I've been lazy & barely read any of the comments, but I'm having more problems on Oreo than I have ever had on my XZ.

I have 41.3.A.2.24 installed & have phone reboots, crashes, games & apps crashing, poor battery life, poor integration of auto brightness compared with previous android versions.

I also don't like the new quick settings layout as the mobile data usage menu now doesn't show the correct data as with the previous android version. All in all it's a poor release of android for the XZ. For me the best version was android 6, I could get 2+ days of battery, compared to barely a day that I'm currently getting.

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 145 of 281
Message 145 of 281

Update on 1/16/2018 problems

After an required update was done on my phone I have experienced all kinds of problems with every app not responding. It seemed that every time I picked up my phone I would get notice of more apps not responding. I powered off my phone hoping this would clear the issues and now my phone is completely dead and will not power up at all. So disappointed I have had this phone for less than 3 months and already it's starting with problems

Highlighted
Learner
Message 146 of 281
Message 146 of 281

Hi there,

I have the same problems. Since updating to android 8 oreo. 

1)Battery empty after 5 houra of usage

2) Bluetooth sometimes not working

3) keyboard disappearing

4) phone ist getting hot

5) phone very slow

6) problems with apps... Restart and shut down automatically

Im so disappointed from sony... My wife bought 6 months ago the xz premium and her phone is getting nearly every month a new update. 

Please solve the mentioned problem and dont be fixed Just on the new sony phones and forget the "older" ones... 

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 147 of 281
Message 147 of 281

Yep, mine is extremely laggy - so much so that I wasn't even able to answer a call today - just presented with a black screen! It's badly optimised software updates, and not for the first time. After my Z3 was the best handset I've ever owned, the XZ means I will not be getting another Sony phone.

Highlighted
Commissioner
Message 148 of 281
Message 148 of 281

@djp2k17 wrote:

With this being a big thread, I've been lazy & barely read any of the comments, but I'm having more problems on Oreo than I have ever had on my XZ.

I have 41.3.A.2.24 installed & have phone reboots, crashes, games & apps crashing, poor battery life, poor integration of auto brightness compared with previous android versions.

I also don't like the new quick settings layout as the mobile data usage menu now doesn't show the correct data as with the previous android version. All in all it's a poor release of android for the XZ. For me the best version was android 6, I could get 2+ days of battery, compared to barely a day that I'm currently getting.

So why not stay on Marshmallow (Android 6) then?

Newer operating systems are designed for faster processors and use more RAM. It makes sense to keep your phone on the operating system it ships with. Why go through all the bugs, battery drain and lag every time you update the o/s? Apart from the dodgy double tap to wake my XZ running Marshmallow has zero bugs, flies along with no lag and is a joy to use.

Highlighted
Learner
Message 149 of 281
Message 149 of 281

Has anyone had problem with Stamina mode? Though mine is a XZs but have confirmed that my phone have the same problem with my friend's XZ that we cannot switch on Stamina mode in battery settings as everytime you switch it on it will switch back it self and what I mean is that the switch dosent work any more, the button dosent

affect the phone whether its on or off. And the only alternative method now according to my friend and test I've done so far is to use Xperia Action to set it using battery optimization during specific time periods it works however the most important feature "automatic switch to Stamina when low on battery" is gone. Just want to confirm if thats a common problem. Would be helpful if anyone could replySlightly smiling Face

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 150 of 281
Message 150 of 281

I had the same . My phone overheated and froze and lagged etc etc. Multitasking went lame. I have discovered when I switched  "Screen pinning"  off, that the performance made a significant improvement. Not sure why. Or how long it will last.