account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Problems after XZ update to android 8.0 oreo!!!

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 131 of 281
Message 131 of 281

Re: Problems after XZ update to android 8.0 oreo!!!

Yes. It is laggy. :/

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 132 of 281
Message 132 of 281

This error keep coming, DATA HAS RUN OUTThis error keep coming, DATA HAS RUN OUT

After error came out, my data start to turn offAfter error came out, my data start to turn off

And if I clicked, this happen and nothing changedAnd if I clicked, this happen and nothing changed

After updated to oreo, personally I like it. Battery span reduced but everything else is great

However after update, this 'DATA HAS RUN OUT' error keep coming and stop my mobile network frequent time. I need to turn on and off fligbt mode 6-10 times to get my mobile network back. So frustrating, especially at crucial time my internet just gone. 

Any of you experienced this? I already turned off the data limitiation etc. But it keeps coming

Message 133 of 281
Message 133 of 281

@Laburance mobile data issue has been escalated:

https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-XZ/Android-Oreo-Mobile-data-has-run-out/m-p/1282226#M11809

It occurs on different devices with oreo (not only sony).

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 134 of 281
Message 134 of 281

I do have the same problems, the mobile data has run out, it happens a lot. I hope sony reach us and give update ASAP! really really annoying 

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 135 of 281
Message 135 of 281

Oh sony you did very bad to launch oreo. It is very slow specially camera app does not run fast it takes about 6 seconds. On incoming call phone rings and screen didn't lighten up till 5 seconds. Also a big  is this that facebook notifications are not receiving even not in scrolling down the bar. Phone vibrates only on new notification for fb. Sometimes I confused when it vibrate but when i do experiment from a friend's mobile then I come to know. No notification at all except a vibration. Only fb app opening can show the push on notification. I also reset the phone (hard reset) and apps rest but nothing works. Does anybody knows about how to live the issue or how to roll back to previous nougat 7.1.1 please tell me if someone knows.

Highlighted
Commissioner
Message 136 of 281
Message 136 of 281

Re: Android 8 Oreo

People are still doing major updates on older phones? Really? A slower phone with worse battery life and some new bugs is always the result! 

This message has been typed by a smug XZ owner who is still on Marshmallow. My phone still flies and has no bugs. Stick with what they come with in future guys!

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 137 of 281
Message 137 of 281

Re: Android 8 Oreo

Please tell me the right way how to go back to marshmallow. Where can i find the firmware or please share a screen shot in which you softwate version that is baseband cleary shown. I shall be grateful to you. 

Highlighted
Learner
Message 138 of 281
Message 138 of 281

Translation via Google Translate:

Avoid installing applications that contain advertisements because hidden advertising programs run in the background, which will cause the device to overheat.

Éviter d'installer des applications contenant des publicités cela car les programmes de publicité cachés s'exécutent  en arrière plan ce qui entraînera la surchauffe de l'appareil. 

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 139 of 281
Message 139 of 281

I use my mobile for gaming and photo and video. After update my games are unplayable. Screen shutters. Pixels and textures are bizarre. Games lag. They were running prefect and so was the phone. Now it runs like crap. Have factory reset for nothing. Who do I contact for my refund. From what I'm reading it's been going on for months. I actually make money thru my games on YouTube. And you are taking my income from me. Need fix NOW Sony. Now. NOW

Highlighted
Talent
Message 140 of 281
Message 140 of 281

I'm still running 7.0 on my XZ, and have no plans to update. Phone is silky smooth for the most part, only when it occasionally overheats do I very occasionally experience some lag.