account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Phonecall is dropped and a playback of the conversation is played

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 11 of 13
Message 11 of 13

Re: Phonecall is dropped and a playback of the conversation is played

Hi everyone. I bought a second hand xioami phone of ebay. Apparently the seller has bought the phone in the middle east. I live in the UK. A fair amount of my recieved phone calls are dropping and playing back recordings of my speech to the caller. I've also had the international ringtone when I'm calling uk numbers. The other puzzling thing is my partner has called me on several occasions and she gets an international ringtone and the phone answers, she can hear some one else's conversation in a foreign language but they can't hear her when she tries to talk to them. All I can assume Is my calls are being diverted aboad and back again to get a foreign ringtone as I'm in the UK and all my calls are UK based. Something is going on out there but no one still has a reasonable explanation. I'm going to change the phone as I'm a bit unsure of its history now. I have factory reset the phone.i wonder If the IEME has been compromised ? The only link that my phone has with the phone problem with foreign calls is that it was purchased in the middle east... 

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 12 of 13
Message 12 of 13

This has just happened to me twice on my Sony Xperia X Compact. Phone próvider is Lebara and the call was international. After the first time the call stopped and the registered conversation was played on the line (I could only hear the other line) I tried calling again, and the same thing happened. What's going on? 

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 13 of 13
Message 13 of 13

This is legit happening on my iPhone right now. It has to have something to do with calling abroad I feel, so many people have mentioned it but Fxck I feel like someone’s tapping my phone hahahahahah