account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Phone could have killed me!

One time poster
Message 1 of 2
Message 1 of 2

Phone could have killed me!

Okay so maybe an exaggeration but I'm used to my XZ overheating a little when charging or after a little overuse which I guess is something I shouldn't be used to really but just haven't had time to sort it. 

Recently it's been crashing lots and going slow too and an error message coming up about rcahandler not working. 

But just now I genuinely woke up and touched my phone and nearly burnt my hand it was so hot, almost to the point if it was on the wrong surface it would have started a fire. I had to hold it long enough to turn it off which hurt! And put it to one side. Left for a few mins and it's complete cooled down, infact using it now... 

What is happening surely it's not normal? 

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 2 of 2
Message 2 of 2

Re: Phone could have killed me!

Hey, I think you should reset your phone to factory data reset after each OTA system update, I have these problems too after updating to Android 8.0.0 please do factory reset and try to use your phone as usual. If you have problems again, Go to nearest mobile market to fix your phone