account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Notification LED light doesnt working in oreo update

SOLVED
Highlighted
Visitor
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

Notification LED light doesnt working in oreo update

i have issue with led notification light (blink light) after update my xz premium to oreo. in 7.1.1 works fine but in oreo doesnt working. i already done twice software repair in pc companion but issue still remain. can anyone help me?. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

Re: Notification LED light doesnt working in oreo update

To start...Oreo notifications are very different from Nougat. Not only do you need to turn on the LED as you have already done, but you also need to go into each individual app and make sure you have the same thing turned on.

Here is one example...

Go to Settings > Apps & notifications > App info > Gmail > Notifications > UNDER Miscellaneous tap on "Miscellaneous Make sound" and a new window will open and in here is where you make the individual app adjustments where you turn on "Always pulse notification light" > then go back one screen and tap on "Attachments Make Sound" and another window will open where you make the same adjustments per app as you just did.

The key here is that not only do some things have a toggle to turn them on or off, but those same toggles will open another windows when you tap on the words themselves which gives you more notification options than you thought were even available. Be patient and you will get it.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Pioneer
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

Do you have it enabled in settings?

Settings->Apps & notifications->Configure notifications->Blink light

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

yes, i already enable all option. but doesnt give a sign blink light, each notification comes in.

Highlighted
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

To start...Oreo notifications are very different from Nougat. Not only do you need to turn on the LED as you have already done, but you also need to go into each individual app and make sure you have the same thing turned on.

Here is one example...

Go to Settings > Apps & notifications > App info > Gmail > Notifications > UNDER Miscellaneous tap on "Miscellaneous Make sound" and a new window will open and in here is where you make the individual app adjustments where you turn on "Always pulse notification light" > then go back one screen and tap on "Attachments Make Sound" and another window will open where you make the same adjustments per app as you just did.

The key here is that not only do some things have a toggle to turn them on or off, but those same toggles will open another windows when you tap on the words themselves which gives you more notification options than you thought were even available. Be patient and you will get it.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

thank you so much for full info detail. u are right, is different from nougat. i have to manually setting each apps one by one to switch on. not like nougat automaticly by system default turn on. thanks for the help.

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

i already did it. but still not working