account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

No fm radio, no double tap to wake / sleep

SOLVED
Highlighted
Adviser
Message 21 of 70
Message 21 of 70

Re: No fm radio, no double tap to wake / sleep

You buy a £500 phone to listen to the fm radio, right on. It has one of the most advanced audio processing units built into a phone and you want to tune into some lossey hissy fm noise. What can I say, I'm sure Sony will be sad to see you go.
Highlighted
Sage
Message 22 of 70
Message 22 of 70

You buy a £500 to have a wide choice of using scenarios: if they were and now they don't because Sony reduced R&D to save losses, it's a good thing to skip this year iteration.

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 23 of 70
Message 23 of 70

Item after item excluded - why!

I am an old Xperia customer and love your Compact models.

However, compared to earlier models I miss:

1. FM RADIO

2. STRAP BAND HOLE

3. MAGNETIC CHARGING DOCK CONNECTOR

4. DOUBLE TAP TO WAKE

Why do you remove these great features?

Commissioner
Message 24 of 70
Message 24 of 70

i dont use any of those

Highlighted
Message 25 of 70
Message 25 of 70

Re: Item after item excluded - why!

@Mole regarding the magnetic charge port - it was in some of the Z series models because back then the USB port was covered by a flap to provide water resistance, so it was a way to charge the phone without having to fiddle with the flap every time you wanted to top up your phone. since Z5 (or Z3+?), Sony phones stopped using the flap, so the magnetic port wouldn't make too much of a difference, I guess.

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 26 of 70
Message 26 of 70

The advantage was that I could charge the mobile in the magnetic charge port and still have the usb-port free for other connections, which was great!

Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 27 of 70
Message 27 of 70

Hi @Mole, sorry for the late reply.

I understand that having the USB port free for other accessories is great and I will make sure to forward your thoughts on this internally as feedback.

Thanks a lot and have a great weekend! Slightly smiling Face

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 28 of 70
Message 28 of 70

The one guy in the world that somehow needed to plug in a random USB cable while his phone was charging on the dock

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 29 of 70
Message 29 of 70

Sorry Donnyjoe!

I did not say "charging in the dock". I use a "Magnetic charging cable".

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 30 of 70
Message 30 of 70

My best guess

FM radio is removed not only cause of hardware but maybe it is related with some EMI or interference or other type of emission or! it is necessary to apply some certificates which are expensive, or combination of all together..

Tap to wake - this is really puzzles me - it is quite good feature, it can be related with screen HW, it can be related with battery or some motion senzors, if there is no chance to get it solved with FW even if there is some issue (battery or else...) I am simply done with Xperia - I have it from Z1c over Z3c to Z5c and I see good features like magnetic charge port are gone and new like QI charging are not comming... so the only think what make it special now is battery (not Z1C and Z5C) and mostly compact size. With bezell less competition it starts to be obsolete...

so some points to discuss...