account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Loud Beep after call

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 11 of 17
Message 11 of 17

Re: Loud Beep after call

Life is too short....

So I reinstalled the thing and sure enough, beep is still at it's normal annoyance level, not the loud BEEP as before

Sadly now we lost a live example here that I'm sure the devs would have enthusiastically been all over to get log dumps from me to sort this bug out for others, right?

So at this moment I'm not experiencing the issue, but now I don't know what to think.

Cameron?

Sony Xperia Support
Message 12 of 17
Message 12 of 17

@jeremyan,

Because the issue is with Skype, the Skype developers will need to be the ones to resolve the issue. Sony Mobile has no control over the development of third party applications.

I recommend you contact the Skype developers and notify them of the issue. You can do this from the Play Store page. It will be up to them to provide an update that resolves the problem.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 13 of 17
Message 13 of 17

Did you see that Skype isn't the only application impacted?  See link re: snapchat. Therefore, it's not a Skype bug.

If the default built in phone dialer is behaving erratically because of other random apps, and I have not given the other apps permission to futz with the phone dialer, the problem is with the design or security of the phone dialer, not the other apps.

What else do we need to be terrified about that can happen, without our permissions, to the default dialer??  What if somebody wrote an app that made the Sony "What's New" app start beeping every time it popped a notification on the screen, would you blame the other app, or the What's New app for allowing that to happen?

Cameron, you are scaring me with what you are suggesting.

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 14 of 17
Message 14 of 17

The BEEP came back when I made a call today

Cameron, I will make a deal with you:

If your team from your official Sony support side, can lob in an, I don't know what you call it, OEM ticket to Microsoft to let them know about this bug that you believe is with Skype (major software!), then I will attempt to navigate Microsoft's kafka-esque support structure to attempt to open a ticket with them as well.

Is that fair?

It carries a heck of a lot more weight coming from the OEM side (Microsoft software running on Sony modified Google OS running on Sony hardware), than from the end user side (me).

Fair?

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 15 of 17
Message 15 of 17

I found a temporary workaround for anyone who found themselves here. Uninstall Skype and install Skype Lite. That doesn't suffer from this issue.

As we know Skype is impacted, snapchat is impacted, and presumably others are as well.

Google is aware of this. Microsoft is aware of this. As we see here, Sony is aware of this. Lord knows whether they are actually doing anything about it. Knowing nothing about nothing, I still maintain that it is a Dialer bug that just so happens to be triggered by these other apps.

More info here: https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/phone-by-google/Cpvah17bYtA

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 16 of 17
Message 16 of 17

I am annoyed with the same issue and I have neither snapchat or Skype. 

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 17 of 17
Message 17 of 17

Unfortunately, have faced the same issue on brand new pfone without any installed app. This happens unexpectedly even when i enable or disable screen tap sound in the advanced sound config. So, the reason looks like stock firmware related. I have spent a day watching when and how it happens and noticed strange behavior of activity which we can see during call and which is called by dialer app to make a call. It switches line to the speaker after call before disconnecting from line and that time i can hear loud beep sent by phone hardware. Also heard busy tones. No matter which. When dialer "think" that call is ended then it switches sound stream at first step and then disconnects from modem. This issue is almost 10 years old and think there was a time to find a solution! Slightly frowning Face