account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Loud Beep after call

SOLVED
Highlighted
Visitor
Message 1 of 12
Message 1 of 12

Loud Beep after call

Hi,

I've experience a loud beep after every call and it was so loud that my colleague can hear he was opposite my desk. I tried muting the general volume but it still beep after my call.

Anybody experience it? Any way to remove that?

Cheers!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Message 7 of 12
Message 7 of 12

Re: Loud Beep after call

found the solution. you need to deny Snapchat telephone permission. go to Settings - Apps - Snapchat - Permission and uncheck the toggle next to Telephone. the issue is gone!

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 2 of 12
Message 2 of 12

That sounds annoying. I just preordered my US version XZP.

On a sidenote: Does the phone make unsilenceable beeps for taking pictures or screenshots? I got a Lenovo phone at one point and ended up returning it because of that annoying stuff.

Visitor
Message 3 of 12
Message 3 of 12

To be fair, that's the only peeve I had with this phone.

Other experience has been fantastic!

To you question, sound can be muted when taking pictures or screenshots so you should be good.

Highlighted
Message 4 of 12
Message 4 of 12

@Goldkoron

@CW13

I'm not sure about the after call beep, but for the shutter sound, it can be muted in general except in some markets where this option is disabled to protect privacy (I know Japan customized phones are one of those, but can't confirm on the US).

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Highlighted
Message 5 of 12
Message 5 of 12

I'm having the same issue, the ending call beep is played through the loud speaker for a split second. I haven't been able to reproduce it in safe mode so it's probably an issue caused by a third party app, but I can't for the life of me figure out which one could possibly cause that.

Highlighted
Message 6 of 12
Message 6 of 12

Re: Loud beep after phone call

I'm having the same issue. it doesn't persist in safe mode, but I have no idea which app could be causing that.
Highlighted
Message 7 of 12
Message 7 of 12

found the solution. you need to deny Snapchat telephone permission. go to Settings - Apps - Snapchat - Permission and uncheck the toggle next to Telephone. the issue is gone!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 8 of 12
Message 8 of 12

Yup, was just about to say. Snapchat is a poorly written app. Disable telephone permission or just delete it and you'll be fine.

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 9 of 12
Message 9 of 12

OMG!

Thanks so much guys. This was driving me insane. Finally managed to resolve it!

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 10 of 12
Message 10 of 12

Thanks a lot for solution Slightly smiling Face