account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Lines on display

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

Lines on display

Video with strips on XZ1 Compact

YouTube

Immediately on the defect:
Horizontal symmetric stripes and a darker screen in the center. 3 points in the form of a gleam at the bottom of the screen. How to check:
very clearly visible in the cold and maximum brightness on a gray background. To rub the screen with your finger, go up and down, covering the entire screen area horizontally. The screen gives off a blue, there are bands and dots in the form of gaps. Yesterday I passed to the SC ...

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Re: Lines on display

Hi @EminOd, I am sorry to see this. Please try the following:

• Restart your device.
  • Use safe mode to check if any downloaded applications are causing the problem. Downloaded applications can cause your device to behave unexpectedly or affect its performance. In safe mode, your device only starts with software and applications that were already installed when you purchased your device. If the device’s performance improves in safe mode, it’s likely that one or more of your post-purchase downloaded applications are affecting the device negatively.
    You can exit safe mode and restart the device to uninstall the application or applications that you suspect are causing the problem. If the problem is recent and you're not sure which application is causing the problem, you can start by uninstalling the most recently downloaded application.
  • Check to see if there is a software update available for your Xperia™ device using Xperia™ Companion. When you update your device, you ensure that the device has optimal performance and the latest enhancements. Tap or click here to read more about how to update and find the latest software version.
  • Perform a factory data reset. Note! Always back up all personal data before performing a factory data reset. All data in the internal memory is overwritten during a factory data reset. Content on an external SD card is kept. 
  • If there still are lines on the display, contact us.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Highlighted
Learner
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

Thank you for noticing my appeal and responding, but I already did all of the above, and it did not help me. I understand that this is a hardware problem. At the moment I passed the phone for service, I hope to get an act and a new phone ...

P.S. Google Translate

Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

Hi @Sick_Mind,

If you have completed all the steps I listed, then sending it to be looked at for service is the correct next step. Good luck, I hope this gets resolved for you quickly.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

What answer  did you receive from service? I have this problem too