account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Home Screen frozen after wakeup (since Android 9)

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 11 of 20
Message 11 of 20

Re: Home Screen frozen after wakeup (since Android 9)

I have reported this issue directly to their support team via email at the following link (which I encourage others to do so also to escalate this issue before Sony stop providing bug fixes/updates for this phone).

I would advise to leave a clear explanation of the issue, what android version build number you have and explain how you have reproduced the issue and/or any troubleshooting you have done. This will all speed up the process of Sony investigating.

https://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/contactUs/

Highlighted
Learner
Message 12 of 20
Message 12 of 20

I have exactly the same issue on XZ2 Compact with Android 9. Reported to support too.

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 13 of 20
Message 13 of 20

Re: Home Screen froozen after wakeup (since Android 9)

I barely saw their team responding positively to users’ questions.

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 14 of 20
Message 14 of 20

Had no luck with support they simply asked me to take my phone to a repair centre and would not listen despite loads of forum threads showing a reproducable issue

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 15 of 20
Message 15 of 20

let be together , There are too few feedback questions give to the team

the  those bugs also exist on xz1 xzp  

https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-XZ1/Photo-Geotagging-feature-gone/m-p/1384515#M6955  

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 16 of 20
Message 16 of 20

I would recommend contacting the developers directly here regarding this issue, they should be quite responsive and will be able to notice the issue if enough of us contact them

https://developer.sony.com/contact-us

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 17 of 20
Message 17 of 20

Same issue here

One time poster
Message 18 of 20
Message 18 of 20

Same issue here too.  Because the people at Sony don't care enough about their products or customers to actually solve problems posted here, I've sent an email to both the product and developer support centers.  I (naturally) don't expect any real support from them either, but if I get (or otherwise find)  a solution I'll post it here. 

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 19 of 20
Message 19 of 20

Anybody got a solution yet?
All updates including firmware 47.2.A.10.107 (Android 9.0 Pie) still show the problem.
According to one user a reset doesn't seem to have helped, or did someone else do it?
Because Sony doesn't seem to react either, or can't solve the problem, only a downgrade to Android 8 might help?

Bye,
thegrobi

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 20 of 20
Message 20 of 20

I have the same phenomenon with my XZ1 compact phone. I have been to this dealer in Hungary four times with this error. All they could say was get used to this state or set a screen lock. And the Sony dealership shook it off with a dilettante rant. I'm really bothered by the screen lock. I have been struggling with this for a year now. And the way my authorized complaint was handled by the dealership and the Sony dealership felt humiliating. I'm very disappointed.

Nálam is ugyan ez a jelenség tapasztalható az XZ1 compact telefonomnál. Négyszer voltam ezen hibával a Magyarországi márkaszervizben. Csak azt tudták mondani, hogy szokjam meg ezen állapotot vagy állítsak be képernyőzárat. A Sony képviselet pedig dilettáns mellébeszéléssel lerázott. Engem nagyon zavar a képernyőzár használata. Lassan egy éve bajlódom így a telefonnal. Azt pedig, ahogy a márkaszerviz és a Sony képviselet kezelte a jogos panaszomat, megalázónak éreztem. Nagyon csalódott vagyok. 

@Magyar 

I've edited your post as this is an English only forum, you can use Google Translate to reply and/or post.