account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Help. Buy or wait?

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

Help. Buy or wait?

Hi, question I'm a fan of you since the first Xperia Z. Currently I want to upgrade to the XZ premium. Do you recommend buying it or waiting for me to launch the new range top that has been announced for the beginning of winter? Please I would appreciate an answer thanks

Hola, pregunta soy fan de ustedes desde el primer Xperia Z. Actualmente quiero actualizarme al XZ premium. Me recomiendan comprarlo o esperarme a que lancen el nuevo tope de gama que lo tienen anunciado para el inicio de invierno ? Por favor agradecería una respuesta gracias

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Adept
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

Re: Help. Buy or wait?

If you love 5,5" screen size go for it

But i would say, take XZ1

or maybe if you dont mind about losing 3,5jack for headphone, go for XZ2 the latest flagship from Sony

Highlighted
Genius
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

@Emma08 difficult to answer, XZ Premium is a great phone..... i also have an XA2 ULTRA which is also excellent, new models from any manufacturer arrive approx every 6 months so prices for earlier models will drop....if you're happy with not having the very latest then go for the previous model, whichever you choose you know you will have a great phone....good luck 😎

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

@dandy63 thanks for your help and if in fact have the best in range I am not interested however in my country the Xz premium is $ 700 in the cheapest place. Do you think that buying it at that price is reasonable since there is xz2 for approximately $ 70 more? 

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

Thanks for the help. The xz2 does not call me much attention where the fingerprint reader is located. I'm thinking about waiting or buying the premium xz. But since you say it, why do you advise me on xz1?

Genius
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

@Emma08 if the price difference is only $70 if you can afford it then that seems a better deal, re fingerprint sensor on the back I admit that having it on the back of my XA2 ULTRA seemed awkward to begin with as the XZ Premium is side mounted but you get used to it. Alternatively if you can wait/save for the newer model then do that.....just follow your gut instinct if you have the slightest doubt re models... Good luck🤞 

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

Don't buy it, I regret buying xzp to much issues with no fixes besides of low volume, problemas with oreo, battery drain, lost connectivity data voice after a few hours, WiFi suddenly disconnect and can't reconnect ...a lot more.