account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

File transfer speed with PC is too slow, why there is no USB Mass Storage option?

Highlighted
Talent
Message 11 of 16
Message 11 of 16

Re: File transfer speed with PC is too slow, why there is no USB Mass Storage option?

I faced similar issue several times in sony ,samsung ... Phones ! sometimes some of my files is not visible when i connect my phone to the pc . Clear cache &data my file manager fixed the issue ! Every time i face this issue i try this :

1) clear cache& clear data my file manager from settings==>apps

2)restart my phone

3) connect my phone to the pc 

If you face issue like this for example "insufficent space " clear cache&data your file manager probably will fix the issue ...

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 12 of 16
Message 12 of 16

Re: File transfer speed with PC is too slow, why there is no USB Mass Storage option?

I tried clearing cache and data but it didn't help. Those files are simply missing, my guess is the phone is "recording" any activity on SD card, so that when I copied the files on different device they are invisible to this transfer protocol, well looks like I just have to accept this is crap and move on...

Highlighted
Talent
Message 13 of 16
Message 13 of 16

Did you rebooted the phone ? If yes and it didn't work try this :

Go to settings ==>Apps and tap 3 dot above the screen then choose "show system "

Look and find two system App "External storage" and " media storage" then ==>clear cache & clear data both after that reboot your phone and connect it to the PC 

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 14 of 16
Message 14 of 16

Well, I did that and it had an effect, but that's not what I was expecting... Now all my files on SD are invisible through MTP, only new files are shown (for example a photo I took after this operation is visible).

MTP is officially ULTRA CRAP. Look at that, it knows that there is 35GB of data, but refuses to show them. I need to cool off because I'm super pissed.MTP2.jpg

Inhabitant
Message 15 of 16
Message 15 of 16

Agree, MTP is utra-crap and totally not working!

I hated hi from first try with my first Andoid phone.

I use USB conection to transfer photos and it takes minutes to load the image folder on SD-card, no matter which cable and USB connector on Notebook i use.

And then is takres ages to transfer, crashed Explorer, ....

Please bring back mass storage mode

Highlighted
Pioneer
Message 16 of 16
Message 16 of 16

USB mass storage would require turning the storage encryption off. I vote for improving MTP speed and reliability.