account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Dock / bottom row icons

Highlighted
Regular
Message 1 of 13
Message 1 of 13

Dock / bottom row icons

Hello I've accidentally removed messages from my docl icons at the very bottom of home screen. How do I Add anything back there? Normal dragging doesnt work, icon stops at the bottom of home screen and womt go into the dock row. Help please! 

12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Emperor
Message 2 of 13
Message 2 of 13

Re: Dock / bottom row icons

@Samanar

Drag the app icon from the app drawer to the home launcher > release > long press the app icon > drag it to the bottom row. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Highlighted
Regular
Message 3 of 13
Message 3 of 13

@uliwooly

Thanks for quick reply. What do you mean by App drawer, is it the main list of all apps? If yes then I can only drag them to the home screen. If I try to move them again they got stuck at the bottom edge and get dropped there. Is it something that I'm missing? I also tried by adding shortcuts but there are no apps... 

Highlighted
Emperor
Message 4 of 13
Message 4 of 13

@Samanar

I just removed them from the bottom (quick launch) > and I was able to drag them, so let's try again 

1. open the list of apps (app drawer) 

2. select an app 

3. long press the app

4. drag it to the homescreen

5. release the screen/app

6. long press the same app icon until it vibrates

7. drag it to the bottom (quick launch) 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Highlighted
Regular
Message 5 of 13
Message 5 of 13

Doesn't work for me even though I was able to add custom apps there in the past. I'm now wondering if I incidentally blocked the quick launch somehow... Is there a way to fix/unlock that if the normal dragging stops at the edge of home screen? 

Highlighted
Emperor
Message 6 of 13
Message 6 of 13

@Samanar

could you restart the phone

Highlighted
Regular
Message 7 of 13
Message 7 of 13

Restarted several times since yesterday. It started at the same time when my Messaging app froze. I cannot anwser to an existing conversation it forrces me to close the app since it stopped working. Maybe it's correlated to some system update? I'm really stuck, never had any problem with my XZ before. 

Emperor
Message 8 of 13
Message 8 of 13

@Samanar

could you take a screenshot of the homescreen and post it here? 

Highlighted
Regular
Message 9 of 13
Message 9 of 13

Screenshot_20170826-090704.png

Highlighted
Emperor
Message 10 of 13
Message 10 of 13

@Samanar

drag one of the apps in between the phone app and the app drawer icon