account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Camera extremely grainy

Highlighted
Veteran
Message 431 of 454
Message 431 of 454

Re: Camera extremely grainy

Man I just preordered XZ Premium, I hope they really improved the camera for pictures quality, especially in low light conditions Slightly frowning Face

This is a Premium device to hoping for many updates to the camera app itselt, alghoritms and dedicated camera apps, like for example panorama app update recently (also available for regular XZ) is just great. 

If they could do this for panorma app I  think they can improve the rest and other apps including 4K (add 60fps and intelligent steady-shot). 

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 432 of 454
Message 432 of 454

Hello Guys. 

I just found some good videos on YouTube where you can see the xperia xz performance against the best camera phones out there, Lumia 950 and galaxy s7. You can see that xperia is an excellent performer, over exposes a little bit on night shots but pictures are just fine. Let me know your thoughts. You will find out the same issues we have talked in this thread but still is a great camera phone. 

https://youtu.be/R8_SrGttn0k

https://youtu.be/TsTyrnWwPK8

https://youtu.be/_AKLl5gu040

Regards. 

Descubre la comparativa de cámaras entre el Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge y el Sony Xperia XZ, probablemente los 2 mejores exponentes en el apartado fotográfico que...
Photo test shooting between Microsoft Lumia 950 and Sony Xperia XZ. OS version: Lumia 950 - windows mobile 10.0.14393.693 Sony XZ - android 7.0
Photo test shooting between Microsoft Lumia 950 and Sony Xperia XZ. The quality of the photos in the video is related to weather conditions such as fog. OS v...
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 433 of 454
Message 433 of 454

so after months of waiting for camera updates for the XZ (all the problems discussed in this thread), I finally switched to Samsung S8!!!!!

for me: Never Sony phone again!

Highlighted
Learner
Message 434 of 454
Message 434 of 454

This is really unbeliveable that such an issue doesn't get the attention of Sony. I cannot imagine why they don't address this in a software update. SHouldn't be that hard. People are in general very dissatisfied with XZ (their flagship at the time). Sony has the reputation to give us regular sw updates like no other vendor does. Why on earth can't they fix this issue that every XZ owner has?

People are switching and making statements like "never a Sony phone again", it is really unbeliveable why Sony is not reacting on those messages. Come on, this is not a single customer complaint, this product is bad! It has been proven in the last months.

I also own a XZ and i am simply in love with this phone. But i still keep on exchanging the SIM between my iPhone 6s and XZ because of XZ's terrible camera. 

Worthless to have 23 Mpixels, because you cannot zoom in at all, in any lighting conditions, the outcome is just unusable. So you get stuck to 8Mpixels. Would be OOOOKKKKK, but even then, terrible oversharpening at the deatils...

I am absolutely shocked how such a product can come out of the factory and how reluctant Sony is to recognize our issue and solve it via sw upgrade.

I understand that it is probably difficult and a camera fw modification might be necessary on the very low levels of the software, but i am feeling very very much screwed over with this product, sorry Sony!

I did not get experience but i assume it's the same with XZs and XZ permium.

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 435 of 454
Message 435 of 454

Totally agreed.

I've tried a lot of android phone too. Most picture results are not far from what xperia xz delivers, even the galaxy s8 gives some trouble on the software processing. So I would say the issue of cameras is an issue of all Android phones, excluding the pixel. I think if you want the best of the best go for an iPhone or a windows phone. Both have best in class software processing and good hardware specialy the Lumia. If you want a good camera with nice features go for an android but in every android you will find grain, over sharpening, bad color, not so good detail. Right now the best is the pixel, second galaxy and third comes Sony...

Highlighted
Learner
Message 436 of 454
Message 436 of 454

Camera extremely grainy

Hi,I got xperia xz just few days back. And finding the camera is just terrible. Worst than mi phones or even iphone 5s.

I want to know Is there a fix for this or should I file case against you guys..For deceiving customers like this. 

Highlighted
Emperor
Message 437 of 454
Message 437 of 454

@Kumar007

Do elaborate and post some pictures, also keep in mind that this is a user based forum. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Highlighted
Learner
Message 438 of 454
Message 438 of 454

1503597856358235914274.jpg

Please find the sample pic. Images are grainy even in any mode. 

Highlighted
Genius
Message 439 of 454
Message 439 of 454

@Kumar007 could you please upload the photo on Google Drive and share the link here? Photo as to pass moderation before we can see it...

» If you find that an answer helped, say thanks and give kudos Slightly smiling Face

Wizardry is the key!
Highlighted
Visitor
Message 440 of 454
Message 440 of 454

Thanks for sharing.

I wonder if anyone here have noticed changes to this issue as new sw have been released steadily? I have been able to capture some stunning photos this summer with this phone. But at times it will also completely fail in situations I feel it should not fail. I.e. grainy and with a way to noticable blury water color effect, lack of depth etc.

My initial gut reaction to this camera is that it is very quirky but can produce great and stunning reuslts.

For those of you that talk about zooming on a phone and quality at the same time. Please just don't.

Cheers