account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Camera extremely grainy

Enthusiast
Message 181 of 454
Message 181 of 454

Re: Camera extremely grainy

the did reply but i dont think they understand that they have a really bad camera software that makes the images grainy and blurred 

Highlighted
Veteran
Message 182 of 454
Message 182 of 454

Sadly, it seems Sony abandoned software updates to XZ camera completely... 
There are no updates, they are not doing anythink with algorithms to provide better picture quality and better user experience Slightly frowning Face

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 183 of 454
Message 183 of 454

I jz updated my XZ yesterday to the lastest Nougat....the camera is still blur...even though I hold my XZ still....no more blur-free....SLOW focus in Superior Auto mode...it took 2 seconds to snap a photo in both bright and low light situation...come on Sony...dont let me down...
Highlighted
Talent
Message 184 of 454
Message 184 of 454

I wish Sony would say or do something!! is it software or hardware !!????
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 185 of 454
Message 185 of 454

this is the biggest topic in the Xperia XZ forum and the most ignored one by Sony.

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 186 of 454
Message 186 of 454

Yea,i wonder if sonyfans like me for years gonna take the next step to a other brand. This model proved how bad it is, even cheap phones like xiaomi mi5 or mi5s,oneplus3 do allot better..most important is picturequality before videoperformance..
Highlighted
Talent
Message 187 of 454
Message 187 of 454

it's far from there best camera yet, compared to my Z5 the camera on XZ is poor, I can't take one decent picture!
Highlighted
Adviser
Message 188 of 454
Message 188 of 454

Anyone having issues on "slow focus"? I tried some outdoor shoots today with the kids and it is just ridiculous slow. I takes over a second to snap a picture.. Useless 👎 It was not fast on marshmallow, but atleast usable. The whole phone is slower after nougat. (Camera, album, fingerprint, multitask, load apps etc)
Highlighted
Commissioner
Message 189 of 454
Message 189 of 454

Hi to all.

I think this is a common BIG problem between XZ users and XC users. 

I want suggest a little, perhaps not useful, trick: in the Superior Automode, disable the tracking of object.

I don't know if this can help you, but if someone has the patience to try and report, than it could be useful to all.

Every answer is welcome to help us together!

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 190 of 454
Message 190 of 454

Hi,
On page 18 my pics are shots 3:4 without tracking object. even not use that because its mostly not acurate and slow to me. Its allot worse taken 16:9.Its a problem indeed what only can be solved or attleast improved by sony if they take the time for it. Many phone like z5 did not get a fix to, so will the Xz in end.