account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Bootloop problem since Android 9.0 update and new IMEI number

Highlighted
Talent
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Bootloop problem since Android 9.0 update and new IMEI number

I have a weird problem since Android 9 update. Every now and then when i restart the phone, it either gets stuck on "restarting" or restarts until "Sony" appears on the screen and keeps restarting. The only way to fix this would be to use the Xperia Companion.

I had bought the Phone on Amazon Germany in July 2018. I sent the phone back to them and they returned it claiming they have "Repaired it" but the problem is back again. Is there anyway it could be fixed or am i stuck with this gorgeous little brick forever?

Also the phone after repair has a new IMEI number 

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: Bootloop problem since Android 9.0 update and new IMEI number

Hi @Yekollu, sorry to hear about this. Slightly frowning Face

Have you noticed if this only occurs after you have done something very specific in the device before you restart it? For example, you use a certain application or service then you try and restart the device and this always occurs? I understand if this is hard to remember, since it does not occur each restart.

If you are using a SD card in the device, can you try to temporarily remove it and use the device as normal and see if it gets stuck while you are trying to restart it?

Regarding the previous repair, as the IMEI number changed, the mother board in the device was replaced.

Let me know how it went! Slightly smiling Face

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Highlighted
Talent
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

Yes, it appears that this happens when the battery goes down (am not sure though).

There is no SD card inserted and i do not have any additional apps except for Whatsapp, German Railway App (DB Navigator) , Telegram and Quora

Then the change in IMEI makes sense and also the light leakage in the corner. I am shipping it back for repair again today hopefully Amazon will replace it with another XZ1 compact...

Meanwhile, now that the phone has to be opened up for replacing the motherboard wil it still be water resistant?

Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

Hi again and thank you for the great information! Slightly smiling Face

Regarding the repair, if the device has been repaired at an authorized service centre they will make sure that it is still water resistance according to the specifications.

I'm not situated in Germany (I assume you are, based on the German Railway app), so I'm afraid that I don't know the exact names of the service centres that are authorized to repair Xperia devices there, however if you want the name of them, you should be able to get this information from your Local support team.

You may have to check with Amazon as well which service centres they use, or if you still have the papers from the previous repair, it should say which service centre was used to replace the main board in the device.

Feel free to keep me posted on how everything works out for you!

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.