account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Battery drains after update to android oreo 8

Highlighted
Learner
Message 21 of 84
Message 21 of 84

Re: Problems after XZ update to android 8.0 oreo!!!

Same issues with me. I had lost 3% after charge within 30 minutes of unplugging the phone and it wasn't used. Was just booted from 100% charge. Definitely a update and not a hardware issue

Highlighted
Regular
Message 22 of 84
Message 22 of 84

Re: Problems after XZ update to android 8.0 oreo!!!

Having problem with my battery care, since i update to oreo 3 weeks ago i never seen pop up message of my battery care even i charged it orvernight. 

Experia XZ user
Highlighted
One time poster
Message 23 of 84
Message 23 of 84

Re: Battery drains after update to android oreo 8

I'm having the same problem too, it literally drains the battery as you are looking at it, please fix it. 

Highlighted
Talent
Message 24 of 84
Message 24 of 84

Same my problem. After Oreo update. My battery is really drain too fast not like before in Nougat. I also tried to factory reset 2x now. But still nothing change its still very fast. I only playing clash royale game which is online. Before in Nougat its last longer 4hours+ screen on time from 100% to 5%. But now in Oreo from 100% to 5% it's just only 2 hours+ screen time on. Both im using mobile data. What happen now? It's really fast draining battery. 😥 Plus more in hitting  very hot not like before. Please make some action about this new operating systems it's not good for many of usss. 😣😥

Highlighted
Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 25 of 84
Message 25 of 84

I have the same problem. My xperia is losing 8% of the battery in just 15 minutes

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 26 of 84
Message 26 of 84

Exactly I have the same problem. I used to charge my XZ Duel Sim only once in two days but now I have to charge it two times a day :! Since I updated my phone to android oreo its temperature rises too soon and I feel like "oh my fingers are in fire!" it really bothers me and makes it hard too use the phone. And instead of functioning faster, the phone is so slow now. Some apps like Camera takes too long to respond and when it does, the temperature rises ! And battery drains and I have to use my phone when it is connected to the charger. With this situation I really want my android 7 back unless SONY decides to bring a new update which would solve these problems. I swear this is not the phone I bought months ago Slightly frowning Face

Adviser
Message 27 of 84
Message 27 of 84

Highlighted
Regular
Message 28 of 84
Message 28 of 84

I completely agree with you. Latest v7 ran smoothly and with my phone usage, I charged my phone over night, and with my usual - during the day - use I still had at least 60-70% of the baterry in the evening i.e. at 8pm, now it's half that.

It's unacceptable that this crap happens after the update. I want my v7 back too. Any suggestions on how to?

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 29 of 84
Message 29 of 84

Android Oreo features missing and bugs.

Hi there!

https://youtu.be/dMGAknpu1rM,

This is the official Oreo update info given by Sony. But there are a few features that are the ones missing. The most significant one is the incoming call screen, as mine is still the same from Nougat. Also there has been some kind of lags while gaming and the battery drains faster now . I have tried all regular methods of repairing of the software but nothing helps. 

I'm using xperia xz dual on Android 8.0.0. So I would like to know if I am the only one who with this issue or is it for everyone. If the firmware is faulty can we expect an update to solve soon ! 

Discover Xperia XZ Premium, now rolling out Android™ 8.0 Oreo: http://bit.ly/XperiaXZPremium_AndroidO For more on Xperia devices receiving this update: http:...
Highlighted
Learner
Message 30 of 84
Message 30 of 84

Re: Android Oreo features missing and bugs.

Me, too! I also have constant app crashes since the update.