account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Bad camera distortion confirmed with XZ1 too

Apprentice
Message 31 of 61
Message 31 of 61

Camera Distortion Problem Continues on the Sony's new product XZ1 at non-negligible levels!..

Hi lads!..

While I was investigating XZ1 Review at gsmarena.com, I noticed on the photo samples that the photos are seriously distorted on the straight lines. I will show sample photos compare with S8 samples at below:

S8 sampleS8 sample

XZ1 SampleXZ1 Sample

If you want to check how serious the distortion problem looks like, I attached the links below to see for yourself.

Sorry for my English. 

Best regards my lads...

Resources: 

http://www.gsmarena.com/sony_xperia_xz1-review-1656p8.php

http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_s8-review-1603p9.php

Highlighted
Regular
Message 32 of 61
Message 32 of 61

Re: Camera Distortion Problem Continues on the Sony's new product XZ1 at non-negligible levels!..

I wanted to buy this phone but it doesn't make sense to spend on a phone with a crippled camera.

Sony need to communicate and say if they are going to fix this issue or not. 

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 33 of 61
Message 33 of 61

Re: Camera Distortion Problem Continues on the Sony's new product XZ1 at non-negligible levels!..

Sony can fix this if they want! I would suggest to stand up each of you and write or phone your local xperia care support. i have done this 5mins ago via chat and said that she should please push this to higher levels. that its a shame that we buy a new product with such distortions. If everybody does this then maybe they will react faster and implement a lens correction profile like samsung did it.

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 34 of 61
Message 34 of 61

I push all my effort to let the HQ know this and they already know. 

The thing I'm concern is what I heard is true or false that HQ gonna fix the distortion through firmware update.

Device : Xperia XZ1
Headphone : MDR-1ALTD + MUC-S12SB1, ATH WS1100 + MUC-S12SM1
DAC/AMP : PHA-2A
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 35 of 61
Message 35 of 61

I´ve looked at some information, the regular XZ has a 24mm lens and the never phones has a lens at 25mm but YET the XZ with the 0,1mm wider lens has less distorsion then the never phones with the 25mm lenses... Something is seriously wrong!

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 36 of 61
Message 36 of 61

Returning mine on Monday to the Carphone Warehouse, no more Vaio due to bad Sony practices, I refuse to buy another Bravia due to the lack of swivel stands and as Xperia seems to get worse and worse it's time to jump ship.

They don't even have dedicated Sony employees operating this forum FFS! 

Highlighted
Message 37 of 61
Message 37 of 61

@XprncD

There are official Sony Staff operating on this forum, and you can read more here:

https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Welcome/Community-users/m-p/634967#M1080

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 38 of 61
Message 38 of 61

Just got mine Today and compare with my XZ.

Found out that XZ distortion's better Slightly frowning Face

Well... Less expectation always come with less pain.

XZ Distortion check.jpgXZ1 Distortion Check.jpg

Device : Xperia XZ1
Headphone : MDR-1ALTD + MUC-S12SB1, ATH WS1100 + MUC-S12SM1
DAC/AMP : PHA-2A
Highlighted
Visitor
Message 39 of 61
Message 39 of 61

IMG-20171001-WA0009.jpg
The black metalbars are straight, in the photo they appeared bending towards the center.
At the same time, the bending is more severe near the center.

XZ1 owner

Highlighted
Sage
Message 40 of 61
Message 40 of 61

S8/S8+ has a switch to activate or deactivate the distortion's correction algorithm.