account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Android Oreo Adaptive brightness bug

Highlighted
Message 91 of 103
Message 91 of 103

Re: Adaptive display brightness to sensitive

@Drd180what build number are you on (Settings > System > About phone > Build number)?

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 92 of 103
Message 92 of 103

41.1.A.12.75

Highlighted
Learner
Message 93 of 103
Message 93 of 103

... In my Xperia x performance, too. Is this issue still active or already solved?

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 94 of 103
Message 94 of 103

Build 47.1. A.12. 179 android 8.0.0. This issue appears fixed but its possibly a bit of a botch job as its seriously clunky considering the high end price of this phone. 

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 95 of 103
Message 95 of 103

its still not fixed with lastest june update ! come on sony, why is this so hard to fix ?

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 96 of 103
Message 96 of 103

After a few days use it's still rubbish. Still have to manually adjust brightness in light conditions and lower in for dark conditions.

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 97 of 103
Message 97 of 103

Sorry to hijack this thread, particulary for a different device.  I thought it might be more useful here than in a seperate thread.

My Xperia X F5121 experiencing a similar fault.

If I boot the device in a high ambient light environment, grey colours become very bright and washed out and will not change back without a reboot.  Likewise in a low ambient light environment, the device stays normal until I reboot.  Even if I move into a brighter area.

Automatic backlight brightness is unnaffected.

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 98 of 103
Message 98 of 103

Well this adaptive brightness has never worked on this device. Just wish there was a shortcut to brightness so I could adjust it manually. As soon as you go into a dark area the brightness goes down to minimal. When you return to bright area the screen does lighten a little but at the bottom of the brightness scale. Don't think I'll buy another Sony. 

Highlighted
Regular
Message 99 of 103
Message 99 of 103

Same bug confirmed! Again and Again and again!

No answer sony?ΒΏ??ΒΏΒΏ?

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 100 of 103
Message 100 of 103

Lol... That's even worse than the xperia problem. At least I can just use manual setting to sort it. Doubt Sony are ever going to sort this problem. Took them far too long to fix the Bluetooth which didn't work for about 15months from launch of phone