account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Android Oreo Adaptive brightness bug

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 61 of 103
Message 61 of 103

Re: Android Oreo Adaptive brightness bug

Before the Oreo update the adaptive brightness was working perfectly fine.

After the Oreo update, the adaptive brightness doesn't work properly.

Mine would just go straight to the lowest brightness setting and stay there.

Even in a dark room, the brightness will not increase in brightness.

Or, sometimes it will increase in brightness for a second or two then go back down to the lowest setting again.

This needs  to be patch!

Highlighted
Adept
Message 62 of 103
Message 62 of 103

Another bug with adaptive brightness is that the white balance seems to work abnormally some times, blacks become grey. The phone needs to be rebooted to overcome this issue

Highlighted
Message 63 of 103
Message 63 of 103

@chayanray what you're describing is called Qualcomm Assertive Display. it's a feature that's supposed to improve visibility in direct sunlight by changing the screen's contrast without changing the brightness https://www.qualcomm.com/news/onq/2015/02/20/assertive-display-power-efficient-technology-thats-easy...

Highlighted
Adept
Message 64 of 103
Message 64 of 103

I understand what u r saying but it is happening in lo light also

Highlighted
Message 65 of 103
Message 65 of 103

This is one time that I will have to disagree with the Qualcom argument. I have not chimed in on this bug so far but I also have it, It is only happening in low light. To me it is annoying but tolerable. Seeing that the Qualcom setting cannot be turned off it should still be doing this in low when the adaptive brightness is turned off...however when I do turn off adaptive brightness the issue stops...therefore it is most probably the adaptive brightness that has the bug, not the Qualcom contrast setting.

Highlighted
Learner
Message 66 of 103
Message 66 of 103

Same bug for me with xzs one sim. In my opinion this bad bug  cause also a strong battery drain

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 67 of 103
Message 67 of 103

Just updated to v8. 0 on xperia xz. Never experienced this before, but the adaptive brightness is now awful. I'm switching it off.. 

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 68 of 103
Message 68 of 103

Is this fixed with the latest December patch 47.1.A.8.49 anyone?

Learner
Message 69 of 103
Message 69 of 103

Just updated last night, I think it doesn't fixed yet.

It's appeared to be an issue when dimming displays down. Screen is somehow flashing while dimming down. (dimming down not smoothly) 

Highlighted
Commissioner
Message 70 of 103
Message 70 of 103

@PatQQ wrote:

Is this fixed with the latest December patch 47.1.A.8.49 anyone?

No, 47.1.A.8.49 still does this.