account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

About XZ1 Compact Waterproof

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

About XZ1 Compact Waterproof

Добрый день.

Уточните информацию о водонепроницаемости телефона XZ1 Compact.

В характеристиках указано "Xperia XZ1 Compact - водостойкий и пыленепроницаемый смартфон. ... но помните: все порты и крышки должны быть плотно закрыты. Нельзя полностью погружать устройство под воду. ... Класс защиты от попадания пыли и воды - IP65 / 68. ... Заметьте, что у Xperia XZ1 Compact нет заглушки порта USB для подключения и подзарядки.".

Так он IP65 ("Защита от слабых струй воды в течение не менее 3 минут") или IP68 ("Защита от длительного погружения в воду на глубину более 1 метра. Точные условия для каждого устройства определяет производитель.")?
Им можно пользоваться под водой?

Более 1 метра, и до какой глубины?

Для этого нужно дополнительно закрывать "все порты" - usb и 3,5, или нет?

Если да, то существуют ли заглушки к этой модели телефона?

Как быть в остальными отверстиями - динамики, микрофоны?

В каком разделе руководства пользователя можно почитать об этих вопросах подробно?

Hi.

Check the information about XZ1 Compact waterproof please.

In the specifications: "Xperia XZ1 Compact is a waterproof and dustproof smartphone. ... but remember: all ports and covers must be tightly closed. Do not fully immerse the device under water. ... The protection class against dust and water is IP65 / 68. ... Notice that the Xperia XZ1 Compact does not have the USB port cap for connecting and recharging. ".

So is it IP65 ("Protection against weak jets of water for at least 3 minutes") or IP68 ("Protection against prolonged immersion in water to a depth of more than 1 meter. The exact conditions for each device are determined by the manufacturer.")?
Can it be used underwater?

From 1 meter, and to ...?

To do this, I need to additionally close "all ports" - usb and 3.5, or not?

If so, are there any stubs for this phone model?

How to be with the other holes - speakers, microphones?

In which section of the user manual can I read about these questions in detail?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Re: About XZ1 Compact Waterproof

I believe the manual is badly translated. 

First of all, although people use these phones in pools, it is still not recommended.

The waterproof tests are made with pure water and standing (not moving) water. Sea water is salty and pool water can move a lot.

Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Re: About XZ1 Compact Waterproof

Even though marketing material claims that this is IP68, I was told that immersing it in water for any length of time is not supported by warranty.

That said, I did so in 1.5 meters for about 40 minutes and while there was some recovery time and I had to replace the display, mine works just fine.