account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

xperia XA: massive battery drain

SOLVED
Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 701 of 921
Message 701 of 921

Re: xperia XA: massive battery drain

You're maybe right, because I dislike watching videos od play games on the small screen, I use it for quick chats with friends when we can't really talk, taking photos if nothing better is around and I check my mails on it when on meetings and for navigation. Other than that, I prefer browsing or playing games on bigger computer screens or on my TV. I just hate the feeling I would get stuck somewhere with my battery running out. Slightly smiling Face

Enthusiast
Message 702 of 921
Message 702 of 921

Re: XA ULTRA battery issues

mine also having the same software version.can u pls tell me after update to this version did u experience any change

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 703 of 921
Message 703 of 921

I really hope this will be fixed soon. I just bought my Xperia Xa and I was really disappointed upon using it. The battery life decreases even if I'm not using it is not even connected to the WiFi and the screen brightness is at its lowest the fact that it is already in the stamina mode. It was still full when I left it and when I came back to check the time it is already in 97% and it was only 3 minutes since I left it. I really hope Sony would fix this. I'm really really disappointed 😞 since they've advertised it to last for 2 day but it can hardly make a day to last.
Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 704 of 921
Message 704 of 921

I also do the same activities as you mentioned but my Xperia XA dual lasts only 17-18 hrs. Battery drops 1% for clicking 2-3 photos. 

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 705 of 921
Message 705 of 921

Pray to God

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 706 of 921
Message 706 of 921

sony has duped everybody buying xa or xa ultra  and there 2 days battery claim is marketing stunt nothing else

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 707 of 921
Message 707 of 921

My battery improved tremendously these days. I did my own test by playing asphalt 8 together with an iphone 5s, and they lost the same % of battery in 5 min. Maybe the battery just needs a couple of weeks to adjust and settle down.
Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 708 of 921
Message 708 of 921

JazAmora909  That means you want to say that battery of XA is as poor as Iphone 5s.

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 709 of 921
Message 709 of 921

Even the iphone 5s has better battery endurance rating in gsmarena than the xa, and is expected to do better ,but didnt. Get a grip.

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 710 of 921
Message 710 of 921

form night to morning battery downs 7 - 8 % , its not too much ?! (2 sim card - wifi-nfc-bluetooth &... are off - recent apps are cleared - 3 social app installed : instagram-telegram-plus messenger)

33.2.B.3.81 installed and did factory reset in XA Dual