account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

xperia XA: massive battery drain

SOLVED
Highlighted
Pioneer
Message 481 of 921
Message 481 of 921

Re: xperia XA: massive battery drain

Read all comments from the above link
Highlighted
Message 482 of 921
Message 482 of 921

Ok so... I may have some good news!

Christofer got back to me with the results of the analysis of my bug report (thanks Christofer).

In the battery stats it doesn't look like it uses much power, but it turns out that Lifelog was keeping my phone awake. 

I got a smartband 2 with my phone so use Lifelog a lot, and am not prepared to uninstall it.

The good news is that a new version of the Lifelog app was made available yesterday, and it addresses the bug. I have only been using it this evening, but I think I have detected a slower rate of battery use. 

Will report more after a full day tomorrow. But in the meantime, if you use Lifelog, update your application now.

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 483 of 921
Message 483 of 921

I hope I too get the result.

Enthusiast
Message 484 of 921
Message 484 of 921

The new 3.74 update is rather very big. About 2 GB
Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 485 of 921
Message 485 of 921

I got e-mail from Sonymobile on 20.9.16 "There is a software update (v. 33.2.B.3.74) available for your device". But unable to update  by wifi as well as computer. I have not uploaded  any apps (except shareit) till date. Only preloaded apps/bloatware (updated) are there. But inspite of this only 4.8 GB internal storage is available. Now, I am afraid about the size of  the new update. Will anybody tell me why I am not able to update the new software & why Sony has preloaded  some unnecesary apps/bloatware without giving permission to its customer to delet or move these apps to SD card. Please dont tell that this preloaded apps/bloatware is Sony's identity.

Highlighted
Message 486 of 921
Message 486 of 921

Hello, 

A month ago i bought a Sony Xperia XA and i also experience massive battery drain. First, i had my phone configured for 4G and saw that when i had a weak cell signal, the battery drains very fast (5% - 10% per hour!!). So, i configured my phone for 3G, it's better but still if the signal is weak, the battery drains very fast. Only when i configure my phone to GSM, then the battery life seems te be normal. When i start the app to see with process uses the most battery, it's always Cell at the top. 

So, in my opinion, my Sony Xperia XA is not usable, but the phone is nice and comfi. So, i hope that Sony can fix this problem soon, otherwise i'm forced to buy another phone and that won't be a Sony, of course.

Cheers,

Michelle Claudia

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 487 of 921
Message 487 of 921

Not identity but phone makers have to do this as they get additional money from the developers of the bloatware. When you have to make a nice phone in a tight budget you are forced to take such decisions. We can't do anything.
Highlighted
One time poster
Message 488 of 921
Message 488 of 921

I am really failing to understand why Sony is not wanting to even acknowledge this problem. I went to the authorized Sony support center to show my phone and was amazed to be told that this kind of problems are not coming in Xperia Phone at all and probably only my device has it.

I bought a sony phone after almost 4-5 years and now I know why people used to say that Sony service is not good.

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 489 of 921
Message 489 of 921

I'm not really sure with this new update that the wifi in stand by mode working, when i wake up the phone there's no wifi icon, just the 4g/3g icon on. After 1-2 seconds wifi icon appears.. I think the wifi  stand by mode doesn't working.

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 490 of 921
Message 490 of 921

I think there is improvement Slightly smiling Face
Updated yesterday and today at 9:00am it was 100% charged...on wifi most of the time and for 2hours on mobile data 3G. Screentime around 5h20 min which includes watching few episodes. Few texts on whatsapp whole day. Used instagram for a while and checked Facebook and mails too. 5-6 calls amd now its 16%.. Not bad Slightly smiling Face