account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Wifi Signal dropping on XA1

Adviser
Message 151 of 223
Message 151 of 223

Re: Wifi Signal dropping on XA1

The lack of Sony response about this issue is a complete SHAME. It's so hard put some software patch available for users? Sony is a billion dollar company!!!

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 152 of 223
Message 152 of 223

Has anyone actually sent a XA1 back for repair and the repair fixes the issue ?

I suspect it's a software/firmware fix not hardware.

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 153 of 223
Message 153 of 223

After days of searching I now have an answer. Thank you Bluetooth is off and wifi working. But that's no good when I want bluetooth to make a handsfree call from the vehicle. This is my first Sony, I've moved to Android from a Windows phone and now very disappointed with the Sony lack of response to the problem that so many of you have had over the year or more..

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 154 of 223
Message 154 of 223

Yeah it is pretty disgusting that no solution has been found and Sony don't seem to care one bit.. 

I too moved from a Windows phone to this and wish I hadn't bothered. Stuck with it for a while now as not on contact but changing phone as soon as I can and it won't be a Sony!!! 

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 155 of 223
Message 155 of 223

yes i did. and im very disappointed. nothing good happened. like there was no change. the only change i know it had was the touch screen was fixed off its ghost touch problems. the wifi is hilarious. 

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 156 of 223
Message 156 of 223

im sorry sir i guess we just gotta wait.. i bought it as a spare phone since my XZ went for repair and i need a phone urgently. after some consideration, i thought the xa1 would be the perfect contender. while i was getting my stuff over to the xa1 on its first day after unboxing, the wifi issue started. ghost touch too. so when i received my xz after a few days later, i sent my week old xa1 for repair. the screen was changed and it was a relieve. but still the wifi cam back with its probs. so maybe its the component at fault or the software. no one knows for sure till this very date.

Highlighted
Learner
Message 157 of 223
Message 157 of 223

Hi guys, I actually cannot believe I've just come across this thread, numerous amounts of people with the same issues. 

I too purchased the XA1 as a Christmas gift for my Dad, absolutely no problems until around 6 weeks ago.  Both WiFi & Bluetooth connectivity drop as & when throughout the day. This is seriously frustrating for me, as I was hoping this to be a great gift...I was wrong.

I returned to Sony for repair, advising of the problems...authentication error message, etc. I received the phone back last week, the enclosed paperwork stated no faults found. I was hoping Sony had updated some how, as the phone was good for a few days...however yesterday, the same problems have returned. WiFi drops out, authentication message, Bluetooth connectivity fails. 

I am to call Sony tomorrow, as this isn't acceptable.

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 158 of 223
Message 158 of 223

Hi, mine is due back today. I tried to resist sending it off as others have but Sony said they would not discuss until I went through this process. I have very little confidence that it will be fixed as yours is not. I will wait and see. The problem is what is our next step, as you know this forum is full of customers like us who have been let down, we need to get the issue more into the open but am not sure how we can do it, the national news would be great but alas all we are is genuine paying customers.

Highlighted
Learner
Message 159 of 223
Message 159 of 223

was in contact with sony support europe this week. (have been incontact with them since january 2018)

-there is already an official case logged in there system of this wifi issue on the XA1plus and XA1 but they dont know yet what is causing the problem and they dont have a fix yet 

***IF YOU REALLY NEED YOUR WIFI AND BLUETOOTH ACTIVATED AT THE SAME TIME AND STILL HAVE THE POSSIBILITY TO RETURN THE PHONE AND GET YOUR MONEY BACK... BETTER GET YOUR REFUND 

(i think this wifi issue on the XA1 series is being down prioritized and the fix is not going to happen any time soon. Sony would rather put their resources on the new XZ and the XA2.)  

-Sony dont know when the fix will be available

-sony cannot answer me straight up if there are actual resources investigating or finding a fix on the issue

-sony cannot answer if this issue is one of those cases that are down prioritized

-any attempt to handover the phones at service centers are futile

-any sony service center that claims they can fix it or have fixed the problem are lying. 

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 160 of 223
Message 160 of 223

Thanks for the information most useful. I thought mine would have been back this morning but it isn't. I will chase as you have done once I get it back and the fault re-appears. Surely they must do something????